- nikkib312Asked on December 16, 2015 at 12:38 PM
I need help linking JotForm submission notifications to completed PayPal transactions. For example, if Tony's Pizza fills out my form and pays me via PayPal, they might have used company name Tony's Pizza but a credit card that has the name Charles Smith. I need a unique identifier that will connect the two and I don't want to ask the buyer to fill out another field such as "What name will appear on the credit card you plan to use?"
I know I can use the Custom Field in the payment module settings to pass form field data to the PayPal transaction but for some reason, it is only letting me add Company Name. Some of my buyers won't have a Company Name and will only be using their actual First Last name to submit a purchase order. I would like to use their email address or phone number but that is not available to me in the dropdown box. Any suggestions?
my form can be found here: https://form.jotform.com/52423543418149Page URL:
- CharlieAnswered on December 16, 2015 at 01:28 PM
You can use the Unique ID widget in this case, it is allowed to use as a custom field in the Paypal integration.
Here's an example:
1. I cloned your form for testing purposes. I added the Unique ID widget and had a prefix "ORDER-", this increments. Example: "ORDER-1", "ORDER-2", and so on...
2. Select the "Unique ID" widget in the "Custom Field" in your payment properties.
3. In my merchant account, this is how it looks like. I have a custom field with "ORDER-1".
4. In my submissions page, I can use it as a comparison or matching information to locate which submission is associated with a specific transaction.
I hope that helps.