- mestozbirohAsked on January 05, 2016 at 01:49 AM
I would like to test my forms before deploying to production. How can I do it? Also, I use Facebook integration.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 04:32 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
We do not have any sandbox mode on forms (excluding payment forms), so we would like to suggest submitting the forms in order to test them, just in the same way as your users will do.
For example, you can preview and submit the form with a Preview option.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
- mestozbirohAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 04:35 AM
But preview mode works for enabled forms only :-(
- mestozbirohAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 04:46 AMHi,
but preview mode works only for enabled forms :-(
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 07:48 AM
As mentioned by my colleague earlier, we do not have sandbox mode of our form. The only option available is to test your live form. You can grab your form's direct URL or click on the "Open in New Tab" and test your form. Once your testing is complete, then you should embed your form in your Facebook page.
Please be noted that all submissions you receive will be accounted including your test submissions.
- mestozbirohAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 01:02 PM
Unfortunately, I think that it is not possible to test a new form if you are already running an existing form on production environment. Also I can not run more than one JotForm Facebook application together.
When do you plan to develop a better method for publishing and testing new forms, please??
- victorAnswered on January 05, 2016 at 03:00 PM
Thank you for the additional information. I have created a new ticket request for our team so they may analyze and see if they can create a test environment to review and test forms.
Honestly, I do not think I will be approved but we do not loose much.
In regards you your question with Facebook. I do not thin it is possible to add more than 1 jotform application per account.
We already have a ticket open regarding this.
- mestozbirohAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 05:38 PM
- victorAnswered on January 06, 2016 at 06:57 PM
You are welcome. Unfortunately, you request of having a new testing environment has been denied. I do not have the reason for this. I will ask and if I get any answer, I will be informing you.