- tfsformsAsked on January 06, 2016 at 06:05 PM
I see options to change the custom text and to redirect it to a specific page, but I don't see the option to just return to the default supplied by Jotform.
- CharlieAnswered on January 07, 2016 at 03:00 AM
You can try using this code and paste it under the source code editor:
<p style="text-align: center;"><img src="https://cdn.jotfor.ms/img/check-icon.png" alt="" width="128" height="128" /></p>
<div style="text-align: center;">
<h1 style="text-align: center;">Thank You!</h1>
<p style="text-align: center;">Your submission has been received.</p>
In your editor under the "Thank You" wizard, click the "<>" image and paste the HTML code I have provided if you want to use the default thank you message of JotForm.
Let us know if that works.
- tfsformsAnswered on January 07, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Yes, that will work just fine. Thanks. However I would prefer to use the old version of the default Thank You page to be consistent with other forms on my website. Can you supply the image source for that one?
A related question:
I just submitted a form that uses this old default thank you (the one that produced the image above), but when I press the "Thank You" wizard button on the form, it displays a completely different custom Thank You instead. This makes it difficult to tell whether the Thank You is really custom and I need to update it or whether I can leave the form alone and let the default apply
Here is the name of the form that I submitted to produce the image above but displays a custom Thank You when I press the wizard button (I'm assuming that your wizard reference refers to the Thank You button on the toolbar). TFS Individual Membership Application v01
Can you provide direction on this issue as well?
- CharlieAnswered on January 07, 2016 at 02:19 PM
That is actually from our old "Thank You" module/settings. Our developers are currently making improvements on the UI of the form builder. That is why you are seeing a new wizard in different parts of JotForm.
This is the new wizard for the "Thank You" settings. And that would be the default thank you page that we have now.
To learn more about our new "Thank You" settings, you can check this guide: http://www.jotform.com/help/211-Setting-Up-the-Thank-You-Page.
In the new wizard, you now only have two options:
1) Click the "Edit Text" for custom message and editing the default thank you message that we have
2) "REDIRECT TO PAGE" where you can put a link to redirect the user after submission
The old wizard won't be accessible anymore. But you can still use that thank you message as a custom one. Here are the steps that you can follow:
1. Save the image in your local storage computer or use this link https://submit.jotform.us/images/thankyou.gif.
2. Use the editor in the new "Thank You" wizard, delete the default content. Click the image icon the upload the image you have in your local storage OR add the image URL I shared, position it how you wanted and save the changes.
Let us know if that works.
- tfsformsAnswered on January 07, 2016 at 07:55 PM
That works fine, Charlie, and I understand now how this works. What I don't understand is why I do not see the default Thank You when I click the "Thank You" button on a form that I have not changed the Thank You from the default. It's as if the wrong Thank You is being retrieved when I click this button.
I guess I can go in and update my forms with the default Thank You as you described in your first response to resolve the issue that I'm still experiencing.
BTW, the reference http://www.jotform.com/help/211-Setting-Up-the-Thank-You-Page contains a mixture of old and new wizard information, so it's been adding to my confusion.
Thanks for your help.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 08, 2016 at 03:07 AM
I think you can still access the old wizard by appending ?old on the JotForm URL in the address bar. Or you can visit the following.
Then select the Default Thank you page after you click the Thank You button. This should give you the old thank you image in the thank you page.
Thank you for pointing out the guide. We will check and update it accordingly.