- lwilkersonAsked on January 15, 2016 at 11:59 AM
I have two questions.
1. Is it possible to extend the time limit on a form so that it doesn't time out after 2-3 minutes? Our sales guys are entering customer information at the beginning of a sale and then having to take measurements, etc., in order to fill out the pricing section of the form. By the time they get to this section the form has timed out.
2. Our sales guys are also using iPads to access the form and if they navigate away from the form (ex. to a Dropbox app), when they come back to the form all of the info they have previously entered is gone. Is there a way to solve this issue?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on January 15, 2016 at 02:36 PM
We actually have 2 different features that will help you do this each having its own purpose.
1st option is to have data stored on our server until the submission is finally made. This is based on having 2 jotforms (so 2 submissions are needed for this to work), but the data lasts for a very long time and can be accessed from any device using the special (and simple) URL.
How to set it up:
2nd option is to have data stored on users browser, which does not requite pages on your jotform nor anything other than a simple setup on your jotform how often the data would need to be saved.
The only downside of this approach is that for very long forms this can be a tad slower (depending on the users machine) and can only be continued over the same browser.
How to set it up:
To enable auto fill, you will need to go to Setup & Embed > Preferences > Advanced Settings > Edit Auto Fill Settings, and change Autofill from disabled to enabled:
- lwilkersonAnswered on January 19, 2016 at 08:35 PM
Thank you so much for your help and speedy response!