- clarkschoolAsked on January 25, 2016 at 07:47 PM
I'm wondering if I'm doing something very wrong or if the countdown widgets I'm trying to use are acting up tonight.
My form went live and people started responding, I was getting the responses and they were getting the confirmations, but the widget was/is not counting off the choices as they are submitted.
This is my original form that I'd like to continue using: https://form.jotform.com/60205265872151
This is the form I quickly made after disabling the original one, and I'm having the same issue: https://form.jotform.com/60247848246159
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 02:00 AM
The issue might be due to the widget being set as required. I cloned your form and was able to replicate the issue. However when I removed the Required option in the field, the widget seems to be working properly now.
Please try turning off the Required option on the widget and see if that fixes the issue.
- clarkschoolAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 08:44 AM
Hi thank you, that seems to have worked. However, I have two follow-up questions:
1. I've been able to make this widget "required" in other forms--should I just never require it again in other forms or is this something that needs to be fixed in the widget?
2. In the original form, two of the choices had asterisks in front of their names, as in " *Clark School Food Network Star with Jodi" and " **Robotics Engineering with Lego Mindstorms with Ariadne". Would those asterisks have prevented the widget from counting those submissions? When I went into my form this morning and turned off "required" on the widget, those two were the only ones whose numbers did not match up against the recorded submissions. I've since removed the asterisks.
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 12:45 PM
I don't think this is related to the required validation. These widgets should work normally if they are required or not. I have made further tests about this just now with required and not required and they are working.
The issue you are experiencing is most likely related to the API which was down for a few hours recently we and apologize for that. These widgets are API dependent. Without it or if API isn't available, it will not be able to record the selected option and deduct it from the available number.
Hope this information helps!
- clarkschoolAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 01:10 PM
That is very helpful, thank you.
Is there any way for you to tell me if the API will be down this evening at 7pm? :)
Because of last night issues, I have to re-enable the form tonight for the families who did not get to respond last night, so if the form misbehaves again I'm gonna look like a donkey!
Again, thanks for your help!
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on January 26, 2016 at 04:27 PM
I would suggest you re-enable the forms at your desired time. There are no reports of any downtime for the API as of the moment. And your form should work just fine. But, if in case you experience any inconvenience, please do not hesitate to get back to us and we will be more than happy to help you.