- promotionsonlyAsked on February 07, 2016 at 08:00 PM
Hi, we are considering using JotForm for our users to be able to upload multiple artworks which is then integrated with Google Drive and stored in a uniquely named folder. We'd like to be able to grab the URL where this folder is located so we can add it to our database for our sales team to process.
How can we do this?
We were looking at using the UniqueId to name the folder so if we could just somehow have access to this UniqueId then we could generate the URL. Our app is built in VB.NET
- CharlieAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 02:47 AM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to get the URL of the folder submissions. You can get the root folder of the form in your Google Drive, it is shown in the integration wizard after completing the integration:
I believe the folder URLs for the submissions are created after the form is submitted, and the form is integrated on a one way method. It submits the data to Google Drive but it cannot fetch information from it.
What I can think of is creating a Google App script that will automatically get your folder name and URLs, then list it on a Google Spreadsheet. Here's an article that I found: http://www.acrosswalls.org/ortext-datalinks/list-google-drive-folder-file-names-urls/. However, to make things automated, here's how I am thinking on doing it:
1. First, integrate your form to Google Spreadsheet. Here's a guide about it: http://www.jotform.com/help/228-How-to-Integrate-Form-with-Google-Spreadsheet
2. Now, each row represents a submission. The spreadsheet automatically updates when a new submission has been received.
3. We can use the spreadsheet as a trigger to run a script to get the folder URLs or names whenever a new submission it received.
This is more related on Google Apps and Google Spreadsheet so I am not sure how the specific setup will be, and you might need to develop a script that will do the job.
I hope this will help.
- CharlieAnswered on February 08, 2016 at 11:58 PM
You are welcome. I have opened a separate thread for the other concern you are having. Please refer to this link instead: http://www.jotform.com/answers/767672. We will address it accordingly. Thank you for your understanding.