- eastcoastecAsked on March 01, 2016 at 11:38 PM
I would like to create an entry to take the input. Based on the input, I would like to display the results taking the input as key. For example, I have pre-defined information, key-value pairs, like this:
And the form take the input from the entry, for example, 123ABC, the page would display 24. If the entry is 456BCD, the page can display 35. If the input is not recognized, display "Not found!"
How can I achieve that?Page URL:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 06:29 AM
You can achieve that by defining all the pairs in the calculation condition.
1. While on the form builder, click Conditions and select Update/Calculate Field
2. Then create the following condition.
3. If you want to add a different value, you can repeat the same condition and then define the new pair of value.
Hope this helps!
- eastcoastecAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Thanks so much for your information. But if I have thousands, or hundreds such pairs, does it mean that I have to add thousands or hundreds such logic conditions? Could I save the information someway so that it can read directly?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on March 02, 2016 at 01:35 PM
Unfortunately, you will have to create conditions for every pair as my colleague already suggested.
if you have some number pairs that are repeating you could create a range of conditions that could cover specific range of pairs.
Please let me know if i can be of some assistance to you.