- patwilAsked on March 19, 2016 at 12:41 PM
So, I am being asked repeatedly to schedule headshots (I am a photographer) for upcoming tradeshows and conferences. Once a user selects his or her time slot, how do I make that time slot disappear?
As an example, I offer 4 times in a one hour window on a certain day - options are noon, 12:15, 12:30, and 12:45p on a Tuesday, the 20th. We can only capture one person per slot. When someone visits, registers, and chooses their time slot of 12:15p, I want that option to automatically be removed from my form so the next user (and the next) can't choose 12:15 over and over. Is that possible?
- CharlieAnswered on March 19, 2016 at 03:18 PM
This should be possible, I have 2 solutions in mind:
Solution 1: Using the widgets, however, please note that you will need to make each date and time as a single item.
Here are the list of widgets that you can use for this:
Here's a test form using the Appointment Slots widget: https://form.jotform.com/60785767703972. Noticed that I have set the available quantity for each item as "1". When a user selects one and submits it, that item will no longer be available.
Solution 2: You'll create a custom script that does this function you are looking for and inject it to your form's full source code. Here's how I'll do it, but you'll probably need to a hire a developer and have your own web server to host the form:
1. First, I'll create a custom script that will display the date and time options (this is tricky).
2. I'll use JotForm's API to check the submissions if an existing date and time has already been in my records.
3. I'll host my form on a web server and use that link as the main URL for my form with a custom script functionality.
I hope that helps.
- patwilAnswered on March 21, 2016 at 10:17 AM
AWESOME - that will work!!!!
- CharlieAnswered on March 21, 2016 at 10:30 AM
Great to hear that. Should you need our assistance again, please do not hesitate to open a new thread here in the forum.