- heinzkrugAsked on April 08, 2016 at 09:22 AMThe confirmation screen appearing after a customer has payed via PayPal is unreadable, full of formating codes. How can I get a clear confirmation?Page URL:
- CharlieAnswered on April 08, 2016 at 10:45 AM
Apologies for the inconvenience.
I can't seem to test the Paypal integration properly, there seems to be some bugs other than the one you are getting. Could you please share us a screenshot of what you are seeing after completing a payment in Paypal?
For the meantime, could you also please try removing the characters "<" and "+" in your product items. Try using words and test if the problem persists after that.
We'll wait for your response.
- heinzkrugAnswered on April 08, 2016 at 01:46 PM
Thanks for coming back with an answer.
Have done now what you requested, i.e. removed the characters "<" and "+" from the forms sales items and removed the form bugs.
Then edited the Thank You Page link to: http://birthtime.net/html/checkout
Now the error screen looks like this (a different error):
The error box says:
The information you have entered on this page will be sent over an insecure connection and could be read by a third party. Are you sure you want to send this information? Confirm | Cancel
'Please wait while we are processing your information' appears on the background.
- CharlieAnswered on April 08, 2016 at 02:38 PM
The insecure connection would be this link http://birthtime.net/html/checkout. The problem is that website is not using HTTPS protocol. And you seem to be passing data via Send POST data.
Here are some things you need to change to fix the problem/s:
1. First, do you need to enable the "Send POST data" in your preferences? That is only used if you are passing data using HTTP POST in your "Thank You" page, however, your thank you page is plain HTML, you should have a PHP script to fetch the data. I presume you do not really need this? If so, please disable it.
2. Please set the "Clear Hidden Field Values" to "Don't Clear".
3. You are using unsecured resources to your form. Noticed that in the address bar, your form is not fully secured, it should show a green lock icon:
This is how it should look like:
The resources that are not secured, are the following:
Your image header, it uses the source link HTTP://birthtime.info/assets/images/Sri_Ganesh_Yantra_Small.jpg noticed that it is loaded in HTTP, not HTTPS.
Same goes with the checkout logo. Noticed in the description of the "Checkout Logo" option, it is recommended that you used an SSL (HTTPS) stored image.
The general rule is that when the website or a page is loaded in HTTPS, all of its resources should also be in HTTPS. To resolve this HTTPS issue in your images, I have a workaround in mind. What we will be doing is storing your images in JotForm, by default they will be in SSL (HTTPS) protocol.
1. First, save your images on your computer's local storage.
2. In the header image, click "Header Image" and re-upload the image using the "Upload Image File" option. Choose the image in your computer's local storage, it will now be uploaded in our server with an HTTPS protocol.
3. How about the checkout logo? This is quite tricky BUT has the same approach. Here's how:
First, add an "Image" field in your form. Select "Upload Image File" again. Now upload the image from your computer's local storage for the checkout logo.
It will be displayed like this:
Now view your form, right click on the image and select "Copy image address".
Now paste the copied image address in your "Checkout Logo" properties. Then remove the image field in your form. Do not worry, deleting the image field in your form will NOT delete the image in our servers.
All resources are now secured.
Let us know if the changes above resolves all the problem.
- heinzkrugAnswered on April 09, 2016 at 05:51 AM
Hey Charlie, this completely solved the problem!
Thank you for your excellent support!
- BorisAnswered on April 09, 2016 at 07:47 AM
On behalf of my colleague, you are most welcome. :) We are glad to hear it resolved all the problems you were having.
Simply contact us again if you ever need assistance with anything else, and we'll be happy to help, as always.