- rmccoyAsked on April 18, 2016 at 04:34 PM
is this possible?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 18, 2016 at 05:38 PM
Though it is not possible for you to change the username on your account settings, it is possible to change it for us on our end, you will need to provide us the new username that you would like to use and we will make the change on our end.
It should be available for us to change your username, a good way to know if a username is available could be by checking it in our sign up page: https://www.jotform.com/signup.
Do get back to us with the new username that you would like to use and we will be glad to change it.
Also, do note that you if you created custom URLs for your forms then you will need to create them again in order to get the fresh data from your account, this guide may help you with that:
- rmccoyAnswered on April 18, 2016 at 06:43 PMOK great just one thing the reason we would change it is because we want to use a different web address in it seems like it stuffs the username inside of it the question I have is will it stuff the new user name inside web addresses for already created forms when we use a custom address link ?
Sent from iPhone 6+
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 18, 2016 at 07:53 PM
No, if you have created custom addresses for your forms then they will not work after the change, you will need to create the custom URL again in order to get the new username in the URL, otherwise your users will get the message about form not found.
This is something that you will need to do manually on all the forms that you want to have a custom URL.
- rmccoyAnswered on April 18, 2016 at 08:43 PMNo that's what I mean once I change the name will my new custom links if I were to create them take on the new username? The only reason I want to change username is because we want the username to be different when we customize lakes we have not customize any thus far
Sent from iPhone 6+
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on April 19, 2016 at 01:23 AM
Once your username has been changed, then you will need to manually create the custom URL again. After they are created, the new custom links will take on the new username, not the old one.
Hope this helps. Let us know the username that you decide to use, and we will promptly change it.
- rmccoyAnswered on April 24, 2016 at 09:03 PM
ok one last question. once you change user name and i don't change some of my forms to a custom name, will they keep their original auto generated name or will the links break?
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 25, 2016 at 01:02 AM
If you have not created custom URLs for your forms, then you should not be afraid about that, your forms have an ID which helps to identify when you load them via the URL, if your links are like this one https://form.jotform.com/yourFormID then you do not need to change anything, the ID is a lot of numbers, something like this 60316154998968.
Now, if you have created a custom URL for one of your forms the URL should look like this one https://form.jotform.com/Kevin_G/824058---testing-form- containing your username followed by the name that you specify for your form, if your links look like this one then you will need to regenerate your links again, in order to get the new username into them.
Hope this will help you.