- sisters7Asked on June 07, 2016 at 07:52 AM
I'd like to add a check box labeled "add a new registrant" at the bottom of the form before the submit button. If "add a new registrant" box is selected, then an identical blank form (with same pricing) will show for the second registrant. The purpose of this is for family members (6-10 people) who want to pay with one check or one Paypal transaction. The sum of all amount dues will appear at the last page.
I know I'll use the conditional logic, if "add a new registrant" is filled, but then what? How do I bring all the amount dues to the last page for the grand total?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 07, 2016 at 09:52 AM
I am not sure if I understand your question correctly. Do you want to display the fields to enter the other registrant information on the same form? If so, you'll need to add the required fields to enter the other registrant information and may use Show/Hide Field condition to display these fields based on the selection. I believe that there may be additional amount to be charged for each additional registrant added.
I have cloned your JotForm and made the following changes to the form.
1. Removed 'Add ew registrant' check box field from the form
2. Added a dropdown field to select number of registrants to be added additionally before the Payment section.
3. Added few fields like Name, address, phone number, email address for each registrant
4. Conditions added using Show/Hide field added to display the registrant address
5. Based on the number selected from the dropdown, you may also change the calculation using Update/Calculate field in the Conditions wizard to send the total to PayPal.
This helps in getting all the information in the same form and send the amount in total as a single payment.
Hope this information helps! If you need any further assistance, please let us know. We will be happy to help.
- sisters7Answered on June 07, 2016 at 12:05 PM
At "show multiple fields", I selected all the fields from Section 1, name, address...all the way to section 4 meal reservation. It didn't work. I wonder if I selected too many fields.
My question: How to show the complete original form when "Add a New Registrant" is selected.
Thank you for your help.
- sisters7Answered on June 07, 2016 at 12:39 PM
Can I use "page break"?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on June 07, 2016 at 02:03 PM
You may duplicate all the fields in the same form and display them as a separate page/section on the same form. Please right-click on any field of your JotForm and select Manage multiple fields to duplicate the fields.
You may use Page Break or Form Collapse tool to separate the additional registrant fields.
Since it is required to have multiple registrants, I think it is better to use Form collapse that can help you to hide/show the fields by setting the conditions to the section breaks.
Hope this information helps! Please get back to us if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help.
- sisters7Answered on June 07, 2016 at 03:16 PM
Thank you for being so patient with me. I duplicated all fields and added page break as you instructed. I also add conditional logic. If "add a new registrant is empty", hide "page break" and show "submit" did not work quite right, the submit button did not show.
I need help with form collapse which is new (and Greek) to me.
Also I still need your help to set up grand total of the amount dues from these two forms.
Thank you, thank you, thank you....You should write "Dummy's guide to JotForm".
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 07, 2016 at 04:41 PM
There are about 30 fields (from Section 1 to Section 4), do you need those fields for each family member? If so, you may need to create a separate form page for each member (10 pages for registrations up to 10 persons) with those fields on each page. Also, in this case you will need to calculate a total amount on each page, and then calculate a grand total.
- sisters7Answered on June 07, 2016 at 04:57 PM
After I created this group of "10 pages for 10 registrants", can I bring up the next page after the first page is filled by clicking "Add a New Registrant"? Can I click on submit button to submit all 10 pages with one grand total amount?
Please show me how. I truly appreciate the time and effort you have been giving me.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on June 07, 2016 at 06:22 PM
Please see the next form example with up to 3 members registration:
You can clone it to your account to check the back end.
When you duplicate the form fields, associated conditions and calculations are not adjusted automatically. It means that you will need to add additional conditions, and also fix the calculations on the Form Calculation widgets (specify correct fields).
* On my sample form calculation fields are fixed, but conditions related to 'Entitled' fields are not added (so you will need to add them per your requirements).
Also, you will need to add some SKIP TO A PAGE conditions, to skip to the last form page when the 'Add a New Registrant' option is not selected.
- sisters7Answered on June 07, 2016 at 07:03 PM
WOW!!! My question is answered. Thank you for your 5-star answers.