- aipptraining2Asked on June 20, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Hi guys I have a small problem with Jotform using conditional logic. Its not that I am experiencing an error. but more like Jot is not giving me enough power and I think few small updates to the form might make it extremely powerful.
1. using conditional logic on empty fields gives options such as :
Does not contain
Does not start with .. etc
And as much as these conditions are helpful and great, maybe adding (less than "number") (more than "number") (between "number" and "number").
2. IF any & IF all states for the IF condition is at the bottom of the conditions. so for example I can make it:
A & B & C IF any is true Do Z
A & B & C IF all is true do Z
But what I cannot do is (which i think is very important):
IF A & B OR C & D Are true do Z
Sorry for making this long thread to just share my thoughts. But what i want to know is do you think such updates would be possible in the near future or not. Or if you might know a way for me to accomplish these things using a different method.
Thank you guys
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 20, 2016 at 11:40 PM
To answer your concerns.
1) This actually depends on the field you are using. A number field will provide with greater/less than conditions.
Also, you can add new rules per condition, meaning you can add more than one IF rule so for you to meet your requirements for in between conditions. You can do this by clicking the + button.
2) The IF ANY or IF ALL you are looking for also happens when you have added new rules in your condition.
If you have a specific form you're working on and you're having difficulty implementing your conditions, you can share the link to the form with us and tell us what specific condition you are working on, and we'll help you with it.
- aipptraining2Answered on June 26, 2016 at 07:45 AM
Thanks for your answer i managed to fix all of my problems using calculate field value.
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 26, 2016 at 09:02 AM
Thanks for keeping us posted, aipptraining2.
If you have other questions or concerns, please do let us know.