- carresAsked on August 16, 2016 at 02:41 AM
I created a form that needs to be saved in pdf with the following limitations:
1. Date and Branch text field - must be read only but field must be visible on pdf for printing.
2. inserted images - must be included in the saved pdf for printing.
Hope you can help me on how I can make the fields mentioned appeared in saved pdf whether it has an input or none and make the images appear also.
- JotForm SupportBJoannaAnswered on August 16, 2016 at 05:14 AM
Inside of Form Builder, you can make your fields Date and Branch text, to be read only. Select mentioned fields inside of Form Builder and click on Properties option. Then open Advanced tab and set Read-only option to ON.
To show empty fields, headers, texts and images on your PDF report you need o un-check "Auto Hide Empty Fields" option and to check "Show Headers and Texts" option in the form submissions page.
Hope this will help. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- t3rraAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Is this answer still valid? When I click on a field on this form, I don't see a properties option:
Thank you for your help!
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 01:29 PM
Yes the steps my colleague have mentioned is correct and still valid. If you select your form field, you should be able to see the properties icon which will allow you to load the wizard. Please check the screenshot below:
Hope this helps.
Do get back to us if you have any questions.
- t3rraAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 02:55 PM
Thank you. The reason I asked, is that we would like some image and html fields to print, though when I click properties on those fields, I do not see the 'read only' option. Is there a way to get an html or image field to print? Thank you
for your help.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 07:27 PM
In order to properly assist you I have moved your question to another thread, it can be found here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/959045
We will assist you on that thread as soon as possible.