- familyformationAsked on August 24, 2016 at 01:58 PM
Form is at https://form.jotform.com/62205223013134.
Trying to limit the dates that a family can enter to register for a class. This way, we can most efficiently set up email automation for reminders for that class via mailchimp (since dates from a radio-button selection don't format as "Date/Time" fields, but as text).
I am trying to limit the available dates in the date field as follows, but I'm still able to enter dates in the ranges set up below, even though I shouldn't be able to do so (right?).
What do you recommend I change to make these date ranges unavailable?
Thank you!Page URL:
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 03:47 PM
I did some tests and Date limit is working fine for me:
You can not enter the dates that are not available, the error will pop up, as you can see above.
What could be a better solution for you, if it works for you of course, is to use regular Radio button field and just offer dates that you have available, that way your customers will be able to choose only what you offer, like what you have already:
So similar options just with radio buttons.
Hope this helps, if you have any further questions please let us know.
- tocenbekAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 03:50 PM
Please follow these steps ;
1) Drag and drop DateTime under Quick Fields menu to your form
2) Click on the added DateTime box. You will see a properties icon ( gear icon) in the right up corner. click on it.
3) A new window will apperar on the right side of the page, click on LIMITS menu item.
4) Untick Past option.
5)Untick all of the weekdays except sunday.
6) Set start and end date as you wish.
7) Click Save Changes button.
Now users should just be able to select sundays between dates you set. Please ask if you need any further information. Hope this helps.
- familyformationAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 07:34 PM
I cleared my browser cache
I cleared my JotForm account cache
I tried the form again, and it's still allowing another date (9/4/2016)
Is it because I've unchecked all other days of the week but Sunday in the Limits portion of the form?
- familyformationAnswered on August 24, 2016 at 08:13 PM
Workaround: Created a list in excel of dates to exclude, that seems to have done the trick.