- estela74mxAsked on September 06, 2016 at 01:45 PM
I have been having this issue that 2 or more submissions are on the same email thread. They are seemingly attached to one another. There is no way to separate them. I am not sure if this is a jotform problem, or a gmail problem, but no other emails do this.
I appreciate any help that you can give.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on September 06, 2016 at 02:20 PM
This is normal in Gmail because the Conversation View option is turned on. If the email subject is the same, it will be grouped into 1 email thread. The solution is to turn off the Conversation View option in Gmail or set the email subject dynamically.
You can turn off the Conversation View in the Gmail Settings > General tab (https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings/general). Look for the Conversation View option and turn it off. Don't forget to scroll down and click the Save Changes button after.
You can set the email subject to become dynamic by adding a form fields on it. Here's a guide:
1. Click the "Emails" button in the toolbar.
2. Select the Notification and then click the "Edit" button.
3. In the Email Subject, click the "pencil" icon and select any value. This will change the email subject depending on the value entered by the user on that field.
Example: HU Webpage Quote Request John Smith.
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.