- snjroseAsked on September 07, 2016 at 03:47 PMI just set my forms to have unique submissions with cookies only and said before the submit button, "If you need to order for more than 1 person, we will email you a link to a form for multiple people." Then I tried clicking the submit button twice, and unfortunately, both submissions came through. It didn't stop the second one at all. Can someone please look into this for me and let me know what I need to do? I really don't want people submitting more than 1 form. I thought setting the form to unique submission would work. The form is: https://form.jotform.com/61527901988972
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 03:55 PM
Setting the unique submissions to check cookies only will not fully prevent duplicate submissions. If cookies are cleared or the cookie has not yet been stored, the form will allow duplicate submissions.
I would recommend setting a unique question. Something like buyers email:
This will prevent duplicate submissions for the same email address and will prevent clicking the submit button twice to enter multiple submissions.
- snjroseAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 06:22 PM
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 07, 2016 at 09:53 PM
Since the latest question was about a different feature, we will resolve it on another thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/926712
We will be on it shortly.
- snjroseAnswered on September 08, 2016 at 11:32 AM
After I set the unique question and edited the last field on my form (the one titled "Submission"). my forms are not coming in correctly. The ones that are emailed to me have the old Submission field, which says "I solemnly swear that I will not submit more than 1 order form per student. I know that there is a Confundus Charm on the submit button, and that if more than 1 form is received with the same name, my order may not be correct and will be delayed by an additional week of processing time." When I go into edit the form, it shows the newest Submission field, which says, "
I know that this form is set to accept only 1 submission per customer. I have gone back and reviewed all of my info. I understand that if I need to order for more than 1 student, I can add as many as I need to my bag and I will receive an email with a link to a form for additional students.
I don't understand why the email notification I receive of a submission has the old text and not the new. The last submission I received was a n hour ago with the old text.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 08, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Since this question is different than the original, I have moved it to a thread of its own. I will address the new question in the following thread shortly:
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 10:13 PM
We will resolve your concern on a separate thread here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1125935