- AnnaNCeldranAsked on September 08, 2016 at 01:57 PM
if i want a name to have a maximum of 22 characters (letters) not including spaces in between and not counting the comma and period how do I encode in it the condition box?
in the update/calculate field i was able to do this: surname (a-z)(,)(space) first name (a-z) (space) middle initial (a-z)(.) total: name but I want to put a condition that states that the total number of characters should be less than or equal to 22 then ok but if total characters is greater than 22 then error
This is a re-post of a comment on How to Insert Text or Calculation into a Field Using Conditional Logic
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 08, 2016 at 03:44 PM
Unfortunately, we do not have an option to count specific characters on forms.
This is not likely that you can count the characters with conditional logic on form.
- AnnaNCeldranAnswered on October 04, 2016 at 02:45 AMi see.. thank you for your response on the matter. :) truly appreciate it
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on October 04, 2016 at 04:53 AM
On behalf of my colleague Mike, you're welcome! :)
- riqueeAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 07:36 PM
As a side issue,if you were to add such a feature, this would allow a very wide scope of issues to be resolved. Many widgets output a text string but the ability to perform calculations on these strings is very limited. Being able to count the number of times a character, separator or string appears in such an output could solve these and several other issues.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on May 08, 2017 at 11:36 PM
I created a separate thread for your request here https://www.jotform.com/answers/1139445
We will attend to it shortly.