- CharlieAnswered on September 13, 2016 at 12:14 PM
May I know if you are looking for the same functionality mentioned on this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/593591? That focus on that thread is to have a dynamic date that changes whenever the submissions is edited. Unfortunately, it seems like it will not be implemented anytime soon.
However, if you just want to set a date time field that automatically gets the current date, then you can follow these steps:
1. First, add a datetime field, you can set it to hidden.
2. In the "Properties" window under "Options" tab, you can set the "Default Date" to "Current".
However, please note that this only applies on the initial submission. When you update or edit the submission, the datetime field will NOT change on load, unless you manually change it.
I hope that helps.
- nwgaresaAnswered on November 07, 2016 at 10:53 AM
No. I need the option to have a date and time that updates when the submission is edited as well.
Does anyone have a work-around for this? Maybe some of the date/time widgets update on edit?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 07, 2016 at 02:19 PM
This is an open feature request for this here:
We will let you know via that thread if there is any progress. Currently, date/time fields retain their original values when edited. This seems to be the case for each widget I tested as well.