- ivanokkAsked on September 28, 2016 at 07:47 AM
How to add submission updated date&time in PDF reports?
I have a form where the submissions are editing more times a day and I need to identified them by date&time.
I know (from Jotform API) that for every submission is also stored a field "updated_at" containing date&time of the last update, i.e.:
"updated_at": "2016-09-27 04:51:19"
1) How to add field "updated_at" in PDF reports? I didn't found it in the field lists.
2) This field could be very useful for many users, it should be visible everywhere in the submissions (browsing, xls, csv, pdf, emails....). It is possible to add it?
- JotForm SupportRoseAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 12:12 PM
Thank you for contacting us.
I'm afraid there is no direct way to show edit time on your submission or on your PDF form.
However, there could be a trick to achieve this. Please have a try following configuration on your form and return us with your feedback if it works or not.
1. Add a "Date Time" field to your form.
2. Set preferences as you see here below.
3. Hide this field on your form to not show your user.
Please note that the aim here is to set date field default value to current date and time and do not show it to your user. So, when your user edit his/her submission, this field will be updated automatically without allowing him/her to change it.
Please feel free to contact us if you are stuck somewhere or need any other assistance by our side.
- ivanokkAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Thanks for your fast answer!
The suggested method it does not works because the added date field is "static", it works the first time you fill the form but the second time it remain the date&time of the first submission. I don't know how to fill it again the 2nd, 3rd, 4th... times, is it possible?
Also, it is different form the "updated_at" field because it is filled when the form is showed and not when the form is submitted. Is there a way to tell to the form something like "on submit calculate the filed date".
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on September 28, 2016 at 04:08 PM
Unfortunately, we do not currently have an option to show/include the 'updated_at' time since it is not listed as a standard field in our interface.
I have forwarded a feature request ticket to our developers to see if we can add the 'updated_at' value as a standard field.
There is no ETA for when it can be implemented, but we will let you know if we have any updates.
- ivanokkAnswered on September 29, 2016 at 04:36 AM
I hope will be implemented.
Thanks, your support is great.