- dmichaelsAsked on October 06, 2016 at 10:53 PM
On my form - Sukkot Brunch 2016
I'm trying to create a form using PayPal Website Payments Pro.
The payment is voluntary, so a zero amount has to be allowed and the appropriate E-mails sent.
When I leave out the amount or set it to zero, upon submitting I get an error:
OrderTotal(Amt) - Required parameter missing
I've tried using Payment type of "User defined" as well as "Donation" but I can't seem to make zero be valid.
If the user selects PayPal instead of Credit Card this works.
From reading through this forum, it sounds like what I want to do should work.
Thanks very much,
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 12:20 AM
I cloned your form and did some tests there. So far the form seems to be working per your requirement. When the amount field is empty and Paypal is selected, I am able to submit the form successfully. Please see the screen recording below. You can also check out the cloned form here: https://form.jotform.com/62800258665964
Can you please try deleting the current paypal pro integration on your form and replace it with a new one? Also make sure to verify that your API signature is correct.
If the issue still persist, please let us know.
- dmichaelsAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 08:44 AMThank you for your quick response but the problem persists.
I deleted and recreated the PayPal integration with no effect.
The issue is that if the payment method is Credit Card (not PayPal) then the amount cannot be zero.
If the amount is zero and method is Credit Card, upon submitting you get this error PCI::Missing Parameter
OrderTotal(Amt) : Required parameter missing
- dmichaelsAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 08:46 AM
Alternatively, If the form works with a zero amount only if the pay method is PayPal, is there a way to SET the method to PayPal if the amount is zero? I don't see any Conditions that would do this.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 11:19 AM
I tested and indeed the transaction cannot be processed when amount is zero and payment method is credit card. Also, it is not possible to set payment method to PayPal automatically when amount is zero.
How about adding a question asking the user if he wants to donate? Then add a condition that will hide or unrequire the payment field when answer of user is no.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 11:30 AM
Here are the steps:
1. Add a Radio Button field to your form asking the user whether he/she wants to donate or not.
2. Then add a condition that will hide the payment field when user answers "no".
Do let us know how it goes.
- dmichaelsAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 01:44 PMExcellent solution. And quick to boot!
Thank you for your help,
- dmichaelsAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 02:24 PM
While that solution did work, I ended up conditionally hiding the payment section if the calculated field was 0 or empty.
Thanks again for setting me in the right direction (hiding the payment field)
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on October 07, 2016 at 05:06 PM
Hey David, thanks for taking your time keeping us posted. I'm glad Christian's suggestion worked well.
Don't hesitate to open a new thread if you have other questions. Enjoy your weekend!