- LegacySolarCoopAsked on November 21, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Do I have to set UTF somewhere? My Zap isn't working
Hi there. I am using Zapier to link JotForm to Highrise. Unfortunately, when I test set up I get the following error:
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 01:44 PM
Please try the following:
1) Use a Full Name field type on your form.
2) Submit a test form entry with filled Full Name field.
3) Test the integration once again to see if that makes any difference.
- LegacySolarCoopAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 03:29 PM
It was a while back but I was pretty sure that reason I switched from the Full Name field to a text field that I called Name was because HighRise couldn't import the 2 fields (First Name Last Name) as one. But I switched it out to try anyway. And sure enough, this time the error I receive was this:
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on November 21, 2016 at 07:04 PM
Hello, I'm afraid I failed to reproduce this error you're reporting to us. To top it off, it also worked even while using the actual Full Name field as opposed to using a plain Textbox. Here's how it went from my perspective:
You will see that I'm using Zapier to link JotForm with Highrise. I only pushed 2 fields for testing purposes - the Full Name and Email fields. I had to manually run the trigger for testing purposes since there's a delay before Zapier runs it but in an actual use case, the zap should trigger after a few minutes. Afterwards, the contact was pushed to my Highrise account as intended.
I'm assuming when you said "It was a while back but I was pretty sure that reason I switched from the Full Name field to a text field that I called Name was because HighRise couldn't import the 2 fields (First Name Last Name) as one." you're referring to this thread https://www.jotform.com/answers/940751
Keep in mind that the thread above is about JotForm to Highrise integration, meaning our in-house integration with Highrise.
On the other hand, the topic we're discussing right now is with Zapier acting as the bridge (middleman). I would recommend you double check your current zap integration and see if you might have missed something. Re-doing the Zap might help as well.
- LegacySolarCoopAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 10:50 AM
The solution was to not "pull" from a hidden field, but to just add that text to the integration.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on November 23, 2016 at 12:11 PM
Thank you for your update. We are glad to hear that the issue is solved.