Jotform has been making collecting payments through online forms easy for its users. And one of the most popular Payment Processing Apps that Jotform has is Authorize.Net. Setting up Authorize.Net payment integration with forms created in Jotform is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Collect payments from product orders and process recurring payments with no additional transaction fees.
Adding the Authorize.Net Payment Element
1. On the Form Builder page, click the Add Form Element button located on the left side of the page.
2. In the Form Elements panel, click the Payments tab.
3. Search for Authorize.Net, and click or drag and drop Authorize.Net to add it to your form.
Setting Up the Authorize.Net Payment Element
Adding the Authorize.Net element will automatically open the Payment Settings. If not, click the Wand icon on the right side of the Authorize.Net element to open it.
Set your configurations accordingly.
- API Login ID and Transaction Key – The API Login ID and Transaction Key can be obtained by logging in to your Authorize.Net account. Please follow the steps from this guide: How to Obtain API Login ID and Transaction Key for Authorize.Net.
- Currency – prices and amounts displayed on the form are based on the selected currency. USD is the default. Other available currencies that can be selected are EUR, CAD, GBP, and AUD.
- Payment Type – specify whether to process payments for products, subscriptions, or user-defined amounts.
Additional Gateway Settings
Additional integration options can be found in the Additional Gateway Settings section.
- Ask Billing Information to Customer – when enabled, you can ask the following:
- Unique ID widget or Short Text field for the (a) Invoice Number Field
- Short Text field for the (b) Company Name Field
- Email field for the (c) Customer Email Field
- Full Name field for the (d) Shipping Name Field
- Address field for the (e) Shipping Address Field
- Sandbox Mode – when this option is set as enabled, the Authorize.Net payment integration enters Test Mode and it will not charge regular cards. This option is intended for testing the integration. By default, this option is disabled. Related Guide: How to Test Authorize.net Payment Tool on Sandbox Mode.
- Authorization Only – the Auhorize.Net payment integration allows payment authorization or, also known as, two-steps payment processing. When this option is set as enabled, it is possible to authorize payment and capture it later. By default, this option is disabled. Kindly visit the following user guide for more details: How to Enable Payment Authorization.
- Emulator – the payment processing services that support Authorize.Net emulation can be set on this option. With this feature, Jotform may still be able to send the transaction to these Payment Gateways that are not currently supported. This is, by default, set to None.
Once everything is set up from the Payment Settings, click the Continue button at the bottom to add your products. If you have chosen User Defined Amount or Collect Donation options, click the Save button, and you’re done.
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Add Options to Payment Forms
- How to Add Coupon Code to Payment Forms
- How to Add Tax to Your Payment Form
- How to Add Shipping Cost to Payment Forms
- How to Generate an Invoice for Your Payment Form
- How to Enable and Manage Product Stocks in Payment Fields
Do you have any questions or suggestions about Jotform’s Authorze.Net integration? Please post them in the comments below.