Some approval processes are more complicated than a single approval or denial. You may have an instance where several approvers need to approve or deny a request before the flow can move to the next step in the process. In this case, you can create a multistep approval flow.
Creating a Multistep Approval Flow
When you create a new approval process, you start with the basic one-step approval workflow by default. You can easily turn this into a multistep approval workflow.
Note: Select the One Step Approval template if you create the approval from My Approvals.
Here’s how to create a multistep approval flow:
- Start by deleting the Send Email element under the “Approve” outcome.
Also, delete the link or path under it so you can create a new outcome later on.
- Replace the deleted Send Email element with an Approval element.
- Open the Approval element’s properties panel and set the approver’s email.
Now that the new Approval element is set, you need to set up its outcomes.
- Create a path for the Approved outcome for the Approval element.
- Do the same for the Deny outcome.
- Connect both outcomes to an End element to complete the setup.
Once completed, you should have a workflow similar to the following:
That’s about it for creating a basic multistep approval flow. To learn more about the Approval element, see How to Set Up an Approval Element in Jotform Approvals.