Not every photography purchase involves going into a store and weighing your options. There are also plenty of tools for photographers online. These include online photography forms, photo-editing tools, useful instructional resources, and more that will help you advance your skills as a photographer.
Here are five popular online photography tools you won’t want to miss:
- Adobe Lightroom. Everyone has a different editing workflow. And luckily there are a lot of options out there for you to try on for size. One very popular choice is Adobe Lightroom, which allows you to easily import and export photographs and use a variety of built-in tools to edit them. One popular feature is the “preset image adjustment” feature, which enables you to give your photos a signature aesthetic without clicking lots of buttons.
- Adobe Elements. While Lightroom is good for editing photos in batches (a must for any business), Adobe Elements gives you the tools you need to carefully edit photos one at a time. It gives you just about everything you need as far as photo editing goes — though be aware that it comes with a price tag.
- GIMP. If you’re looking for a free online photo editing tool, GIMP is popular, offering an extensive collection of features completely free. Here is a walkthrough of how to make the most of GIMP.
- Flickr. This image-sharing site has become the standard for photographers for a reason. Flickr is an easy-to-use image hosting site that offers you tons of space so that you can seamlessly store thousands of photos. People of all skill levels and industries use it for their hosting needs.
- Pixieset. Some tools help make the business side of the photography world even easier to navigate. If you’re going to be delivering galleries of images to clients, you’ll want a gallery tool you can trust. Pixieset is a popular choice, enabling you to easily proof and sell your work. The best part? Its core features are free — and you can pay monthly to get even more storage space and a custom domain.
Getting up and running with photography is easier than ever given all of the online resources at your disposal. Not only are these resources easily accessed online, but they’re also user-friendly. And if you have trouble with any of them, you can easily find guides