- AGTechAsked on December 15, 2016 at 03:09 PM
for example, if respondent three adds "yellow" to a list of colors, will respondent four then see "yellow" on the list?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on December 15, 2016 at 05:53 PM
Anything a user fills out on your form can only be seen by that same user alone. It won't be shown nor reflect to anyone else.
I'm assuming you are aiming for something that is interactive (e.g. if User A filled out something, it should reflect and update for User B and everyone else). Sadly that's not how form works.
There are a few widgets that allow a similar function but it's leaning towards inventory (e.g. if you have 10 stocks of an item and someone already grabbed 1, the counter will decrease for succeeding users). If you want to check it out, here's the link to the widget https://widgets.jotform.com/widget/inventory
Related guide: How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
- AGTechAnswered on December 16, 2016 at 02:44 PMThank you! Actually I prefer that the widget functions this way, I don't want users to be able to see other peoples' additions.
- AGTechAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 02:03 PM
I am testing out this feature and it seems that actually user added options do show for all future form users.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on January 19, 2017 at 04:10 PM
We apologize for the confusion. You are correct that the User Contributed Checkbox widget will do show the added checkboxes options to all users who open the form.
There is no option to restrict the widget to show to user only those that they personally contributed/added on the Checkbox widget.
Hope this help. Let us know how we can be of further assistance.