Submitters cannot receive conditional AutoResponder emails

  • Profile Image
    xagolab
    Asked on January 01, 2017 at 08:01 PM

    My auto responder was working fine for past 4 days but today when I did a test email again and my auto responder is not sending emails. Nothing had changed. 

  • Profile Image
    olivia
    Answered on January 02, 2017 at 03:08 AM

    Hi,

    First, I sent you a test submission and I replicated your issue. Unfortunately, I couldn't receive any AutoResponder Email.

    After that, I have cloned your form to my side and I sent another test submission on my side and I didn't replicate the issue. I was able to receive autoresponder email.

    Please have a look at he following video:

     

    I have checked your email settings. You were using Change Email Recipients Conditions and according to user selections in the radio button options, you have sent different emails to submitters. 

    I think the problem is about the Send Email part in your conditions. Please change this fields in all conditions as {emailAddress}.

     

    After I change this part in the condition, I was able to receive AutoResponder Email. Please make these changes on your side and try to receive an Auto Responder Email.

    Or, you can setup Change Email Recipient conditions again, too.

    If the issue persists, please feel free to let us know.

    I'll be awaiting for your reply.

    Thank you.

  • Profile Image
    xagolab
    Answered on January 02, 2017 at 06:40 AM

    Thank you.  It does work.  I am not sure how and why it got reverted to something else. 

    Also, I noted in your video that my logo shows up.  Somehow logo does not seem to appear in my email.  I suspect it might be some security settings in my Outlook.

     

  • Profile Image
    Boris
    Answered on January 02, 2017 at 07:44 AM

    The internal name of a field changes whenever that field is renamed. As soon as the label of a field is changed, it updates the internal name of a field from its old name such as {oldName} to its new name such as {newName}.

    It looks like the label for your email field was changed, but the conditions were not updated to reflect this change, and were targeting the old name of the field.

    When it comes to the image inside the email, I have checked your form email history, and I see that your recent autoresponder emails show that image without any issues. For example, this is how your latest autoresponder looks, the one sent to email k******@a**ails.com:

    If the image is not appearing inside your inbox, then as you said, it is most likely a security setting of your webmail. You can check your own past form emails by following this guide:

    https://www.jotform.com/help/293-How-to-View-All-Your-Form-Email-History

    If you need assistance with anything else, please simply open another support thread in our forum anytime, and we'll be glad to assist you:

    https://www.jotform.com/contact

    Cheers!

  • Profile Image
    xagolab
    Answered on January 02, 2017 at 08:16 AM

    Thank you.  That is a good information to have because there will be 6 more instances where I will be cloning the form and renaming them in the very near future.

    Thank you again