- EAABNAsked on January 26, 2017 at 01:09 AM
am trying to put in a condition whereby if the value of registrants/number is greater than one/value, ask for other registrants name phone and email but am kind of hitting a dead end on that, how do i fix it?
- JotForm DeveloperHelenAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 01:46 AM
Thank you for contacting us.
You can do this with using conditional logic but firstly, you must be Hidden your fields that you want to show after entered registrants. Please follow these steps:
1. Click "Properties" icon and just click "Hide Field".
2. Hide all fields that you want to show after.
3. Click Condition at the top of the Builder page.
4. Select "Show/Hide Field" at the New condition page.
5. Set the condition properties like on the screenshot:
I have cloned your form and tested on my side. Here is a result:
Here is a guide helps to you about conditions: https://www.jotform.com/help/57-Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
If you have any questions or issue, feel free contact us.
- EAABNAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 02:45 AMThanks for the quick reply, I followed the steps and seems like it is getting there but what I don't see is more fields opened up for other registrants.
My issue, let's say someone is paying for three people on my end I want to have the Name, tel, address of the other two too the person he paid for.
That's why I want the condition to ask for the info or open up fields for the other two. I don't if it what am saying makes sense but all am saying is to be able to register multiple people by one person.
- JotForm DeveloperoliviaAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 04:02 AM
>> ''... someone is paying for three people on my end I want to have the Name, tel, address of the other two too the person he paid for. I want the condition to ask for the info or open up fields for the other two. ...''
Unfortunately, if you don't have the exact number of the people, you don't generate this kind of form with conditions. In other words, if the guest number is unlimited, you cannot create a form which Name, address and phone fields are created automatically according to user entry to the Number of people by conditions.
>>''... all am saying is to be able to register multiple people by one person.''
My suggestion is to use Configurable List Widget. Please have a look at the following guide.
If you need any other details, please feel free to let us know.
- EAABNAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 06:45 AMWell, I think I will just let one person register and repeat the whole process if more than one. All I was thinking there can be a way to register person one, person two maybe up to three and then charge the card once than repeating three times.
I mean Registering three people under one transaction coz I saw square calculates the amount according to number input. One last question, so does it mean u can only register one person ?
- JotForm SupportowenAnswered on January 26, 2017 at 07:37 AM
One last question, so does it mean u can only register one person ?
No, it doesn't actually mean only one person can register on your form. Please let me clarify what my colleagues mean. When you want additional fields to be shown conditionally, you need to have your fields already created on the form. This means, if you have created 3 separate name fields for extra registrants which are meant to be shown conditionally based on the stated number of people, you can have 4 registrants at once.
So, you need to create more than 3 extras to meet the possibility of more registrants coming your way. You can use the "Duplicate field" option when the field is in selected state. If you think that this is still too much work, "Configurable List" widget is a great option as my colleague stated.
Please contact us again if you need any further assistance.