- accwebAsked on January 31, 2017 at 12:24 PM
I have a drop down menu field and when an item in the field list is full, I would like to make it inactive but keep the other options in the field active.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 01:19 PM
I'm assuming what you meant to ask was how to prevent users from picking an Advising Session schedule that was already picked by someone else. If so, that can't be done with a regular Dropdown field.
Perhaps one of these two widgets might fit your needs:
1. Appointment Slots widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/appointment_slots
2. Date Reservation widget: http://widgets.jotform.com/widget/date_reservation
Related guide: How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
Give it a spin and don't hesitate to let us know if you need more help.
- accwebAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 01:25 PM
No that's not what I need:
I have a Drop Down field on my form and I only want 20 entries for each of the Items listed in the drop down menu field. For each Item that reaches 20 entries, I want it to be removed from the list.
How do I do this?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 01:46 PM
From how you further described it, if an option on your Advising Session Dropdown menu reaches 20 entries, it should be removed. Sorry but that can't be done with a regular Dropdown Field (nor any regular field for that matter).
Only widgets are capable of keeping track of user selection across submissions. These widgets were designed solely for that purpose (among with many others).
e.g. Some use case scenarios:
You want to keep track of your inventory, use the Inventory widget.
You want to set schedules on specific dates, use the Date Reservation widget.
You want to allow users to pick an appointment slot, use the Appointment Slots widget.
I recommend you browse around our Widgets Gallery if you think the widgets we recommended won't fit your requirements.
- accwebAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 02:27 PM
I didn't find a widget but it's too bad Jotform doesn't have this :(
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 02:52 PM
Can you take a look at this demo form https://form.jotform.com/70305702530948 and see if that will work?
I used the Appointment Slots widget for your Advising Session field. I submitted and tested it once, and picked Fri March 10, 2:00PM. You would notice that the counter for the available slots for that session is now down to 19.
The same idea will take effect for each submission until the counter reaches zero. Once there are no more slots left, no one can select that slot anymore.
- accwebAnswered on January 31, 2017 at 03:55 PM
I can not have the field provide multiple selections. How do I that. Other wise this will work perfectly.
- CharAnswered on February 06, 2017 at 05:52 PM
THIS TOTALLY WORKED...YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!