- haggisAsked on February 01, 2017 at 11:41 AM
We are putting together a form to collect Dinner RSVPs. When you list out 5 nights of dinners, items start to run together. We would like to be able to differentiate each night to make it a little more obvious that each is separate.
Make text for each day different color
Indent different menu choices for single dinner
Additional text box for the day of the week
any suggestions to help out would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 11:59 AM
Maybe, you should configure the items by Dropdown then manually get the total by calculation widget. Here are the things you need:
1. Use dropdown for the product name. Put your quantity number as the field options.
2. Add a calculation value for each option in the dropdown field (https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value).
3. Get the total by calculation widget (https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-perform-calculation-in-the-form).
4. Pass the total to the Payment field by this method: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-pass-a-calculation-to-a-payment-field.
You can use our form collapse to separate each night. You can color the texts later by custom CSS codes, we can help you with this.
Here's a quick sample form for you to check the result: https://form.jotform.com/70314294553959.
- haggisAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 12:53 PM
First off thank you for the quick reply. This may work. I am stuck with the Thursday where I need a nested option & to include a quantity
Choice A quantity:
Choice B quantity:
Choice C quantity:
Here is the updated test form so far based on your suggestions:
- KadeJMAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 01:14 PM
I see you have Tuesday and Wednesday on there but, I do not see a Thursday.
Was that left off until you could figure it out?
And also, are you referring to having a thursday with the 1-5 options and an A-C option in each of those? Is that the sort of nesting that you are trying to do with it?
So for your thursday it seems to me like you want (?):
Option 2, etc, etc..
I apologize in advance for any misunderstandings if you meant something else.
- haggisAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 02:15 PM
The Thursday menu has 3 choices:
I need users to be able to select a menu item and enter a quantity.
Then using the above suggestions can I add it to the total field and flow into the paypal total??
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 03:00 PM
How about if you use Matrix table field instead to replace the Checkboxes option for the "Thursday menu"
it should work like this...
Here is the demo form https://www.jotformpro.com/form/70315797236966
Let us know your thought on this.
- haggisAnswered on February 01, 2017 at 09:59 PM
That is really good idea!! I think that might be the solution to the challenge.
Now if we could change the text and/or background color of the different dinner dates. i.e. Tuesday is white, Wednesday is blue, etc.
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on February 02, 2017 at 02:01 AM
I have moved your question to a new thread so that we can address it separately. You will be answered here: https://www.jotform.com/answers/1054295