- M4ndyAsked on March 21, 2017 at 12:09 PM
I have an 'office admin' section that is filled in after the form is received and printed.
It is showing on the email that I receive, but not on the PDF attachment which is what I print out to use in the office.
How can I change the setting to include the section on the PDF?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on March 21, 2017 at 02:44 PM
You need to disable the Auto Hide Empty Fields in the Submissions page of your form to show empty fields in the PDF. Here's how:
1. Go to the My Forms page, select the form and click the Submissions button.
2. Click the Properties button and unchecked the Auto Hide Empty Fields feature.
Hope that helps. If you have questions, please contact us again.
- M4ndyAnswered on March 22, 2017 at 12:20 PM
Thank you for your reply.
I am part way there. It shows the heading for the section, but not the fields that are to be filled in by hand. Is there a way of putting a 'table' in the form that will print without the user filling anything in?
- JotForm SupportJohn_BensonAnswered on March 22, 2017 at 01:38 PM
Yes, that is possible here in JotForm. You can customize your PDF in the submissions page. Please follow this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/384-How-to-Customize-PDF-Submissions-Report
If you need further assistance, please message us again. We'll be happy to help you.
- M4ndyAnswered on March 27, 2017 at 09:15 AM
I have been to the 'submissions' section and unticked the 'hide empty fields' box and also done the same thing under the email submission section, but still the section I want to show on the PDF is not being shown. Any more ideas?
- JotForm SupportsethAnswered on March 27, 2017 at 11:58 AM
The field you are using is an image and hidden, hence, it can't be seen on the pdf. You can try using short text entries instead of an image. The fields will look like this:
I don't now if this is suitable for you but you can give it a try. Here is my form you can cloen and inspect it: https://form.jotform.com/70854565721966
Here is a guide on cloning:
You can try filling the Admin part on the edit link on the Submissions Page using an input field:
Here is the filling screen on edit:
Here is this second form:
Please remember to disable "hide empty fields" option.
I hope this answer helps. Please don't hesitate to contact us for your further queries.
All the best!