- Malcolm KempAsked on March 26, 2017 at 07:23 AMThanks. I have found it now although I did not have an account prior to this so had to create one. However the form only displays in the computer version of the Xara site not on the mobile friendly version. Also the bottom of the form is flashing for some reason! http://www.champaignephotography.co.uk/academy.htm
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on March 26, 2017 at 11:25 AM
You should have the option to show the form on mobile devices. Please check your breakpoint settings in the designer.
As for the flashy section, I think that is because of the height value. Re-embed the form using our iframe method: https://www.jotform.com/help/148-Getting-the-Form-iFrame-Code. The iframe should fix it.
- Malcolm KempAnswered on April 14, 2017 at 09:44 AMHi,
Thanks for your responses. I have tried to use the I Frame but it has no effect, the form still does not show on the mobile version, just a blank area. The Laptop version is still flashing even though I have moved everything around I can. Do not see why you could not find the form, it is in the “Academy” section of the website – here is the link:- http://champaignephotography.co.uk/academy.htm
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 14, 2017 at 11:00 AM
Can you keep the iframe so we can check it? You seem to have reverted the form to using our script embed. You can try the following iframe codes:
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame-62961920150351" allowtransparency="true" src="https://form.jotformeu.com/62961920150351" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:1600px; border:none;" scrolling="no"> </iframe>
As for the mobile problem, you have to check your settings in Xara. It's the breakpoint that's causing the form to hide in mobile devices. Please make sure that you choose the page to be responsive without hiding any content like the form.
- Malcolm KempAnswered on April 14, 2017 at 01:44 PMThank you for that. However it has not helped as Jot form keeps asking me to log in and I have no login. Also it says I do not have any saved forms, which is strange as I am sitting looking at it! Also I do not know what the breakpoint means as I have simply used the default ones.
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on April 14, 2017 at 01:50 PM
Your username is MalcolmKemp. The account is registered with your email address. You could reset the password if you forgot it. You have posted this thread using a guest account, that's the reason why you do not see your form(s).
For breakpoints, the following guides should help:
- Malcolm KempAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 07:43 AMThank you.
The breakpoint settings are as you recommend at 50% between the two variants.
I have embedded using I frame several times and it does not make any difference, still does not show form on mobiles. Looks fine in Xara.
I have tried to log in again but it does not accept the password and user name which I always used. Cannot receive a reminder if I try to change the password as you refuse to host my .co.uk address. I have had to point my proper .com web address at your .co.uk one to get it to work at all.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on April 21, 2017 at 10:36 AM
I'm not very familiar with Xara, but upon inspecting the source code of your webpage, I can see it works with two different versions of the webpage content.
Seems like there is a content for desktop view, where the form is currently embedded on, this is hidden when viewing the form in a mobile device.
While there is a different code with different content for mobile view, on this code the JotForm code is not included and this is why you cannot see it.
I would suggest you to make sure your webpage settings allow to display the JotForm on mobile devices as well, as suggested by Wlevin above, otherwise the form will not be displayed. You may also contact Xara support and ask how to get the form's code embedded on both versions of your page.
Regarding to the form's effect at the bottom, there seems to be a conflict between the script that calculates the form's height, embedding your form with a fixed height should help you to avoid this effect.
<iframe id="JotFormIFrame-62961920150351" allowtransparency="true" src="https://form.jotformeu.com/62961920150351" frameborder="0" style="width:100%; height:1600px; border:none;" scrolling="yes"> </iframe>
Do note that this will only help to get rid of the bottom effect, to display the form in mobile devices you need to change the proper settings or embed the form in the mobile version as well.