- MEM2017Asked on April 03, 2017 at 10:40 AM
I created the dynamic text box for extra guest banquet tickets on the form, however, the calculation still does not work! Do I need conditional logic and on which one? Do I put it on the Extra Guests dynamic text box or on the Form Calculator? Currently it shows in both. Is this right?Also, need help with setting up the paypal payment option integration at the bottom of the form - do I need an API from Paypal? or???
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 03, 2017 at 12:24 PM
Do you mean to calculate a value using the number of guests entered in the Dynamic Text box field? Unfortunately, it is not possible to perform calculations using the Dynamic text box widgets. If is required to use a number/text box/dropdown with calculation values in order to perform the calculations.
Hope this information helps! Let us know if you are referring something different. We will be happy to assist.
The other question related to PayPal is moved to a separate thread and shall be addressed there shortly.
- MEM2017Answered on April 03, 2017 at 12:45 PM
I cloned the example of the dynamic textbox and it is calculating now so all is good! Thanks!
Looking forward to the piece on integration of paypal
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 03, 2017 at 02:02 PM
I am not sure if you are referring to the calculation using a condition on the form for the Dynamic Text box.
Please be noted that the calculation using this widget only when numerics are used in the entries. Also, when you have multiple entries in the Dynamic text box, the numerics are added as they are strings. For example, if you have the values 2 and 3 in two entries, it calculates as 23 and not 5. Please see the screencast below:
If you are not expecting this behaviour with the calculation, it is required to change it as mentioned in earlier post.
Hope this information helps! Let us know if you are referring something different. We will be happy to help.
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 03, 2017 at 05:08 PM
Sorry. I've missed the Count textboxes? option in the widget settings that helps using count in calculations.
When this option is enabled, the number of entries can be used for calculation.
- MEM2017Answered on April 03, 2017 at 05:45 PMSorry, maybe I’m not being clear in what I am wanting…I need to limit the total number of times a registrant can hit the ADD MORE button at the Extra Banquet Guests. Is there a way to put a restriction on it to only allow 16 guests added?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on April 03, 2017 at 07:46 PM
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- MEM2017Answered on April 05, 2017 at 10:45 AMOkay, please help more….once we have the source code what are the next steps?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on April 05, 2017 at 12:08 PM
However, on the other thread of yours, we have sent a feature request to our backend team for the same issue.