- TBSEAsked on July 20, 2017 at 05:54 AM
I have multiple jotforms and wanted to know how, if possible, I can integrate a feature.
Take a look at my BUY TICKETS jotform: https://form.jotform.me/71783263323456. Users purchase tickets and have 20% taken off of the sales price.
I have another jotform called ticket protection: https://form.jotform.com/70217432284148, where users can buy a sort of protection against event occurrences, per ticket.
I wanted to know if the Ticket Protection drop down quantity box feature can be integrated into BUY TICKETS, where after users enter their ticket information, they can also purchase ticket protection for the # of tickets (drop down box) they would like to cover.
The payment box will then enter the 20% off calculation and connect the price for Ticket Protection order, if the user selects and the total price will be calculated.
Can this be done? If so, give me the step-by-step as I am a tech novice.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 08:44 AM
Can you please test my demo form https://form.jotformpro.com/72003672360952
It work like this.
Let us know if this is how you meant the form to work or not..
- TBSEAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 08:53 AM
Correct, except that the Ticket Protection is having the 20% reduced. Can it be done where the Ticket Protection section is displayed automatically and that the only price that is reduced is the "ticket price" and not the "ticket protection" price, but that "ticket protection" will be added in the "Total Price" field?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 12:23 PM
I am currently making a demo form. I will be back as soon as possible.
- TBSEAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 12:26 PM
I definitely appreciate the help.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 12:46 PM
Can you please check my demo form https://form.jotformpro.com/72004761647960? It is a clone of my colleague's form with modifications based on my understanding of your details.
The protection price is now added over the discounted (20%) ticket price. Let us know if you need further assistance.
- TBSEAnswered on July 20, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Sorry for the delay, just getting in from work.
Look at the demo and the pricing works well. However, I didn't want the Ticket Protection Price to show until the user at least selects drop-down quantity box #1.
The way you have it, and correct me if wrong, was that an initial $9.99 appeared.
I didn't want it to appear until at least the #1 drop down box was selected.
Can that be done, with everything still mobile optimized?
- CharlieAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 03:47 AM
If you want the "Ticket Protection Price" to trigger only if the "Protect Your Ticket" dropdown has a value, then here's what I did in my colleague's form:
2. In my form, first open the "Ticket Protection Price" which is a Form Calculation widget, make sure that all of the boxes are black. Black represents the numeric value of the item. If it is brown, it represents a text string. Simply click the box to switch it to "Text" and "Numeric" value. To learn more about the form calculation widget, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/259-How-to-Perform-Form-Calculation-Using-a-Widget
3. Now in the "Protect Your Ticket" drop down field, open its properties and under the "Surveying" tab, we want to add a new line in the "Calculation Values", the first line of it actually represents the blank item in the drop down, so it should be "0". To learn more about assigning calculation values, you can check this guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/301-How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value.
Regarding the responsiveness, by default, all forms using the default theme is mobile responsive ready.
Let us know if that works.
- TBSEAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 07:55 AM
Will try and integrate as a cloned form later tonight. I assume I clone first to my dashboard then make the changes you mentioned, correct?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 09:58 AM
The changes explained by my colleague is already implemented on the cloned form provided https://form.jotformpro.com/72011273594957. When you clone the form, the logic you need will be available on your cloned form. Here is how the form works:
When "Protect your Ticket" is empty, then the "Ticket Protection Price" is set to 0.
When "Protect your Ticket" has value, then the "Ticket Protection Price" is computed.
- TBSEAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 11:24 PM
So I have to CLONE the JotForm first before the "Protect Your Ticket" drop box appears? When I just clicked the JotForm link (Without cloning), the drop-down box did not appear.
So, to make sure I am clear (Tech Novice hear), when and after I clone the jotform, then the drop-down box will appear?
- TBSEAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 11:51 PM
So I have cloned the JotForm. The Protect Your Ticket drop down box appeared when you wanted to BUILD the Jotform, but disappeared when I Published.
So, on my BUY TICKET JotForm, what widgets do I enter for both the drop down box and the Ticket Protection boxes to enter and will they automatically be side-by-side like in your example?
If not, leave the steps for me to follow.
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on July 22, 2017 at 03:21 AM
To make them side by side, you have to shrink them both, and here is how to do that:
If you have any further questions please let us know.
- TBSEAnswered on July 22, 2017 at 08:05 AM
Thanks plenty for your help. I will make attempts to integrate later today and connect if there are any problems.
You all are great.