- NancyAsked on July 21, 2017 at 11:38 AM
love your form!!! I'm in heaven!!
I am a newbie...
i am putting together a cruise with many different option for my customer to choose. Is there a way the form can add up the cost of all the options and give a grand total?
Im still working on the form so it's not completed yet.Page URL:
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 01:58 PM
Please check this demo form: https://form.jotformpro.com/72015552205950. Here's a guide on how I created that demo form:
1. I inserted 3 Short Text Entry fields and added the Form Calculation widget.
2. In the Form Calculation widget, click the "Add Field" button to use the Short Text Entry fields as part of the calculation.
3. When you're done, click the "Save" button.
Here's the result:
Please take note that you can assign calculation values in the options of the Single Choice or Multiple Choice fields. Here's a guide: How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- royalsplendorAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 02:43 PMDid you take a look at the form I am working on and you feel positive I can add this widget and it will work?
Nancy Neville - Her Majesty of Bing
d/b/a: Royal Splendor
d/b/a: Royal Splendor Travel
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on July 21, 2017 at 04:10 PM
Yes, the Form Calculation widget is the one that you need to achieve this function. I checked your form and I can see that you are using Single Choice and Multiple Choice fields.
It is possible to assign a calculation value for each option. In this way, if the user selected an option, the value will be used for the calculation. Please check this guide: How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value.
You can assign a calculation value for each option in the "Surveying" tab of the properties.
After assigning values in the options, you can add the field in the Form Calculation widget as part of the formula.
Here's the result:
Hope that helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.