Show/hide conditions are not working with embedded source code

  • Profile Image
    Asked on August 01, 2017 at 08:51 PM

    we have a version of our form with embedded source code and the conditional show/hide fields don't show and the conditionally required fields also don't become required.


  • Profile Image
    Answered on August 02, 2017 at 03:08 AM

    We're sorry for the inconveniences you have.

    I have checked your form named "Adventures Along the Inca Trail _ long trip" embedded in your website. I have seen that some fields (ie. "Describe any Food Allergies" named field) do not appear on the form depending on conditional logic.

    Please take note that every time you use the JotForm full source code embed on your website, you will need to re-embed the JotForm always if the JotForm is updated/modified. Otherwise, if you do not re-embed, the version of the embedded JotForm will not be the same to the updated JotForm. After updating JotForm, please re-embed again the full source code into your website. Then check if the conditions are now working on the embedded JotForm.

    On the other hand, I recommend using iFrame method while embedding the form to your website rather than using the source codes. So that, you do not have to update the codes of your website every time when you have updated the form.

    Please test and let us know if the issue still persists.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on August 02, 2017 at 11:31 AM

    thanks, JotForm Support. the issue with iframe embed is that it takes double the amount of time to load!

    and, the same issue exists with the iFrame embed method as well.

    also, the source code embed has not been modified. it is copied exactly as is from the jotform source code embed page. in fact, just to be sure, I just copied the embed code from jotform again and pasted it into this page again

    I created a version with iframe embed here:

    note that on both forms the show/hide functionality is lost. as are field requirements

    I get a console error "Uncaught TypeError: element.dispatchEvent is not a function at fire (prototype.forms.js:591)"

    please advise.

  • Profile Image
    Answered on August 02, 2017 at 02:26 PM

    The form is embedded with the full source code on the both webpages you provided. 

    I also tested your standalone form and conditions are working properly. Most likely there are some script conflicts between your webpage scripts and JotForm scripts. 

    Please remove the source code and re-embed the form with the iFrame code. You can also try to use the Embed code option. 

    Adding a Form to a Web Page

    If the issue still persists after you re-embed the form, let us know.