- acconduconsultAsked on August 10, 2017 at 05:37 PM
I would like to define a field to contain bar code numbers for example the USPS tracking number. The application is for internal use.
1. The jot form web base form that is already filled out
2. A labeled Field for a barcode numbers but will like to input directly from a hand held barcode reader instead of typing manually the numbers.
What do I need to implement this
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on August 10, 2017 at 06:15 PM
Unfortunately, JotForm does not have a bar code generator, but we do have QR code generators instead, please find the widgets below, the first one will show fixed data while the second one will show dynamic data:
This guide will help you adding the widget to your form: https://www.jotform.com/help/252-How-to-Add-a-Widget-to-your-Form
I hope this helps.
- acconduconsultAnswered on August 10, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Thank you for your help. Not sure how it fits in but the application here is to read a usps tracking label into a jot form field on the form using a handheld reader as an input device
- JotForm Supportashwin_dAnswered on August 11, 2017 at 01:48 AM
Please note that the "QR Code" or "Dynamic QR Code" widget will generate a QR code and display it form.
Do you mean to say that you want to read QR code form other label and insert it into JotForm field? Please note that if you have a QR code reader device, it will automatically read and insert the code in textbox.
Is there any challenge you are facing?
We will wait for your response.