- rwaldenjrAsked on August 23, 2017 at 03:22 AM
I see a blank page at the end of my form. I believe it appeared when I added the "Page Break Element", or else the "Form Tabs" element; not sure which (see my Home Sellers Interview Form, pg.8). One of the page breaks disappears when I hover over the "Page 8" link and click "Remove Page" that appears there. The page number decreases. But, the extra page doesn't go away. And, the blank page shows up in my published form too.
What's causing the extra page. And, how do I eliminate it from my form?
Thanks in advance for you assistance!
- JotForm SupportWelvinAnswered on August 23, 2017 at 04:09 AM
You seem to have figured it out already. But to remove the empty page, you have to click the next or back button then click Delete:
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 23, 2017 at 04:48 PM
Thanks for both of your responses! Unfortunately, neither of them resolved the issue. I deleted the cache, and nothing changed. Then, I clicked the Remove button (after clicking the Back button on Page 8). It highlighted that button's element on Page 8. But, the top Page Break is what was deleted like before, leaving the empty page at the end in place. If I were to keep clicking Remove, the top-most page break would keep being deleted until there's only one long page.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on August 23, 2017 at 07:08 PM
Hey Robert, from how I understood, your aim is to delete the last page on your form (Page 8) but can't do so because when you click REMOVE PAGE, it does reduce the number of pages but the last page remains there.
To fix this, do the following:
1. Move the SUBMIT button down to the last page by "right clicking" on the SUBMIT button > then select MOVE DOWN.
2. Once you have the SUBMIT button down to the very last page, delete the PAGE BREAK button right above it.
Here's a cloned copy of your form showing these changes https://www.jotform.com/72347571290963
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 23, 2017 at 08:43 PM
Hope this email finds you. I couldn't get the online Reply window to accept an image upload for some reason. (Turns out Chrome is having a problem with the pop-up. But, iE11 seems to work just fine.) I wanted to attach this screenshot to my previous post to show what was causing the problem that I finally resolved with some additional troubleshooting.
Thanks for your help!
The last "Back/Next" button automatically creates another (blank) page and must be deleted!
- rwaldenjrAnswered on August 23, 2017 at 09:43 PMAlso, I see online that my FIX response is marked "(Private)" for some reason. I definitely want Public users to benefit from my experience. Not sure how that happened. But, please remove any privacy restrictions.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on August 23, 2017 at 10:44 PM
Thanks for updating us, I have set this thread as "public". Open a new thread if you need anything else, we will be glad to assist you.