- NikbarlowAsked on September 28, 2017 at 04:17 AM
Hello is there a theme or template that will allow me to add a form where the user picks items from a predefined drop-down menu, all with different prices, and the form will automatically adjust the calculation of the quote depending on the options selected?
It's a funeral website. The user will select the package options, and there are several, and then a quote will be given based on the options. Thanks in advance
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 04:37 AM
You could assign calculation values to each option in DropDown field.
1) For example, I added Drop-Down and Form calculations fields to the form:
2) Then I assigned options and calculation values to the drop-down field:
The calculation values assigned would be the actual prices.
3) When you add the drop-down field to form calculations widget:
Whatever is selected in drop-down will show in Calculation field:
That calculation can be passed to payment field as well: https://www.jotform.com/help/275-How-to-Pass-a-Calculation-to-a-Payment-Field
You can check my test form as well: https://form.jotformpro.com/72702385051956
Let us know if that could work for you.
- NikbarlowAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 05:13 AM
Thank you. And can I have various options with calculation fields and the calculation widget will add them all up? And is there a theme or template I can apply this too, to save time?
- NikbarlowAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 05:42 AM
Also what widget is the Drop-down? I can see Dropdown with paging widget, is this right?
- JotForm SupportNik_CAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 12:06 PM
Yes, you can use various fields to create such calculation. And the best way would be to create that from scratch since you have to input the products, prices and etc. anyway.
I added some additional fields to my test form: https://form.jotformpro.com/72702385051956 so please check. You can assign the calculation values to the radio button, checkbox button as well.
Also, all fields I used are regular fields (no widgets):
Additionally, you could check our templates section https://www.jotform.com/form-templates maybe you will find some layout that could work for you.
Let us know if you have any further questions.
- NikbarlowAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 07:08 PM
Ok thanks. I've put this together https://form.jotformeu.com/72702003025338
But it's not working on my iPhone. Do you know why? I have embedded it into Adobe Muse as instructed.
- JotForm SupportKevin_GAnswered on September 28, 2017 at 08:23 PM
May you please provide us more details about which of the features on your form is not working when you have embedded it.
Also, please share the link where it has been embedded with us, we will be glad to have a look on it.
Looking forward to your response.