- mduggins01Asked on February 18, 2018 at 03:23 PM
My Maintenance Request is used internally but unfortunately some of the users continue to type their email address incorrectly which results in them not receiving the autoresponder email. I would like to set the email address field to automatically select their email address based on the "facility" or "location" field answer. I have entered all of the email addresses into a dropdown field, but so far I haven't been able to get the conditions right. For an example of what I am wanting - If a user selects "American #1" in the "Location" field, the "Email Address" field will automatically populate the appropriate email address based on my settings. Any ideas?
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on February 18, 2018 at 04:26 PM
You won't be able to populate a dropdown field conditionally. A way to solve this is to utilize the following features - Calculation values, the form calculation widget, a read-only email field, and a condition to copy a value from one field to another.
1. CALCULATION VALUES = These will be used to assign an email to each location respectively.
Complete guide: How-to-Assign-Calculation-Value
2. FORM CALCULATION WIDGET = This field will be used to fetch the assigned email value of the selected location. It's best to hide this field so your users won't see it. To hide a field, just right click on it > then select HIDE.
3. It's time to add the regular EMAIL FIELD and set it as READ ONLY so your users won't mistakenly edit them.
4. And finally setup your CONDITION so the value from the calculation widget will be passed (or copied) to the read-only email field.
Related guide: Smart-Forms-Using-Conditional-Logic
Your form should behave like this afterwards:
When you're done, set the read-only EMAIL FIELD as the recipient of your AUTORESPONDER.
- mduggins01Answered on February 19, 2018 at 01:43 PM
Thank you for taking the time to provide the steps. I have accomplished this task, but is there any way to prevent the calculation from showing up in the email?
- JotForm SupportRichie_PAnswered on February 19, 2018 at 02:38 PM
Usually, the calculation values doesn't show up in the autoresponders.
Can you please insert your screenshot again following this guide.-How-to-add-screenshots-images-to-questions-to-the-support-forum
- mduggins01Answered on February 19, 2018 at 02:43 PM
Please disregard. I figured it out.