- ThreespeckledhensAsked on June 01, 2015 at 06:45 PM
I have imported a form we used on Adobe FormsCentral ~ thank you for that. However, I am not able to update the information on that form. I click on the form, press the Edit button. Change what needs to be changed and push "Save". If I click preview or go back to the form it shows the original information, not the edited version.
A little background; we are an Antique Show that sends out two forms a year to our dealers. These forms act as our contract forms also gathering necessary information from each vendor. Each season (may and October) the only thing on the form that changes is the dates. Periodically, we may change one or two of the questions.I'd also like the ability to be emailed that someone has applied along with an email response to the person applying. Additionally, I'd like to gather the email address inputted into our Mail Chimp account.
Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on June 02, 2015 at 01:02 AM
Sorry about that.
Ideally, it should be very easy to edit your form just by double-clicking any field label or text when you open your form through the JotForm Builder - http://www.jotform.com//?formID=51515580857158
I checked your form - http://www.jotform.us/form/51515580857158 and I can confirm that you should be able to modify/customize the field labels/text.
Please try the following -
1. Clone (make a copy) your form using this simple guide -
2. Make the changes to the copy you just made - save them.
Did that help?
If not, please let us know what you would like to change and we will help as much as possible.
We will assist you on how to manage email notifications, autoresponders and mailchimp integration on this thread - http://www.jotform.com/answers/580124
We look forward to hearing from you.
- JotForm SupportTitusNAnswered on June 02, 2015 at 01:07 AM
I forgot to add a copy of your form with some edited text
- ThreespeckledhensAnswered on June 02, 2015 at 06:42 PM
Thank you for your response, however, it is still not working for me. I saw the "correction" example you made, but you actually added a box of information. I need to change the dates in the "Title" (i.e. May 2 & 3, 2015 to October 3 & 4, 2015) on each page. But when I do it, I click the Save Button, even though I it says "Saved" or "Auto Saved" then I click "Preview" and it shows the same May dates not the changes I have made.
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 02, 2015 at 07:19 PM
Are you hitting the "Complete" button when changing May 2 & 3, 2015 to October 3 & 4, 2015? If you do not hit "Complete", even though you save your form, the changes will no be apply. See example:
If it still does not work, try:
1) Clearing your browsers cache.
2) Try in a different browser (We recommend using Chrome or FireFox).
3) Clear your forms cache: http://www.jotform.com/help/229-How-to-Clear-your-Form-Cache
4) Clone my form: http://form.jotform.co/form/51527860218860
Let us know what happens, we will be glad to assist you.
- ThreespeckledhensAnswered on June 02, 2015 at 08:06 PM
Thank you! We are getting there (the video is amazingly helpful). HOWEVER, when I click edit form there are no tabs above the form that say "Set Up and Embed". I know it's me, what am I missing/doing wrong? This is what it looks like when I click "Edit Form" from the My Forms page:
- JotForm SupportMike_GAnswered on June 03, 2015 at 02:25 AM
The "Setup & Embed" tab appears when you click a field on your Form builder's page.
As for the issue, you're having when changing the Text from "May 2 & 3, 2015" to "October 3 & 4, 2015"
You can also try to do this:
I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you.
- ThreespeckledhensAnswered on June 03, 2015 at 11:31 AMWOW! After HOURS working on this (along with a few tears of frustration) I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I am on my laptop, I was tapping on the touch pad instead of clicking on the buttons to highlight and edit the area I want to work on. When I double tapped (on the touch pad) the area I wanted to update, it would allow me to make changes, I could even click the save button, but the tabs did not appear. Once I finally clicked with the button to highlight the area I wanted to work on, the tabs appeared! Grrrrr, hours of frustration over such a simple fix.
Thank you for your patience with me.
But, fair warning, I am quite green at what I am doing, so I may be back! :)
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on June 03, 2015 at 12:38 PM
No worries at all. Sometimes seemingly difficult problems have the simplest solutions. If there is ever anything else we can assist you with, don't hesitate to ask. We are here to help.
- desmitAnswered on October 12, 2016 at 07:33 AM
If your preview is still not updated, try clicking the "open in new tab" button (top right). In my case, that invariably gives me a full-screen view of the updated form.