- mmclaughlin1Asked on December 15, 2015 at 02:52 PM
I work at a University and I am trying to enable approval workflow on this form: https://form.jotform.com/53485399420160. I have looked over a lot of the workflow/approval condition set up in the forums and help and it doesn't make sense to me. I am not sure WHERE or HOW to add an approver box without the student filling in this category themselves. The way this form is supposed to work is:
1. Student goes in and fills in requested information.
2. I receive a notification that a student has submitted a petition form, I can go in and approve it, send it back to the student showing that it is approved, OR send it to a faculty/department member for further approval. If it is going to the faculty/department member for further approval there needs to be a message on the form with a text entry from me stating that it was approved on our end and now requires their approval. This further approver's email address could be different for multiple forms depending on which department the student is submitting for. I was wondering if you could help me set this up. Would love some help!!
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 03:47 PM
I checked your jotform https://form.jotform.com/53485399420160 and I believe the Approval workflow is very much possible to achieve on the form.
You will need to utilize the methods described on these guides:
I will create a demo form also using a clone of your form. I will update you here once I have it.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on December 15, 2015 at 05:09 PM
Sorry for the delays.
Here is the demo form https://form.jotform.com/53486065193966?
I suggest you clone the form so that you can review it on your Form Builder.
This is how the wokflow works
#1 You(owner) always get the Notifier that have the EDIT link. It will always be sent to your email(Recipient E-mail)
#2 If Petition Approved, email will be sent to Student
#3 Registrars get Email as well when Approved/Disapproved
#4 The Email Address field is require because it will be used for Student Email (when sending back approved email to student)
#5 The Registrar Email can be manually filled in so that the email will be sent to whoever the Registrar is
#6 The Internal/Admin Section code is admin123 -- it will allow updating the form when in EDIT mode
You can test the form by submitting it after cloning. Then check your email for the message. There should be an edit link in the email.
Hope this help. Let us know if you need further assistance.