- SBVAAsked on June 10, 2016 at 04:29 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to read values from Google Sheet. Here is the situation I would like to handle.
1. My form accepts data from users to Registers for Classes. But obviously there is limit on number of registrants we can accept.
2. I want to maintain "Capacity" value in an excel sheet, and Read that value.
3. When user enter their registration data, I should be able to check if the capacity has been reached or exceeded.
4. It would be great if I can write back the decremented value back to Excel
I saw some threads about this subject that its NOT possible, but those threads were more than an year old. Just hoping if you enhanced the system
- KadeJMAnswered on June 10, 2016 at 05:17 PM
From what I understand you would like to have your form read your set or existing values on your google spreadsheet, correct?
It's possible to assign values to use in complex calculations per fields which could be sent but pulling it back into the form from a spreadsheet is a bit more advanced beyond such.
And we don't exactly have a dedicated method for this currently yet though as far as I know other than what you've seen provided in our forum when we have free time for advanced stuff like that which our more experienced team members try to assist with when we can.
But, if this is something you would want to pursue you could potentially do this with a combination of programming knowledge, the form's full course code, and our api alongside it and it would have to be done outside of jotform.