- slonigirafAsked on June 12, 2016 at 08:10 AM
I can't understand what's happening with it. I added today two new fields to the form and now I see that it has lost some data for some submissions that were submitted before - some fields ok, some notPage URL:
- JotForm SupportEltonCrisAnswered on June 12, 2016 at 09:51 AM
I can see on your revisions history that you've added file upload fields in your form. Since they are recently added, they do not have any data when viewed on your form submissions page.
Can you please let us know which specific field you are losing submissions data? Have you tried downloading your form submissions data to excel and see if they're there?
Did it happen after you've modified the fields? Keep in mind that deleting a field also deletes its associated data.
We would appreciate if you could provide more details so we can further assist you with this.
- slonigirafAnswered on June 14, 2016 at 09:45 AMI am talking about the field that was there for several monthes.
For example this submission:
Had value == "36500" on June 9th 2016.
Now it has no value. And there are 224 such problems with this field.
Please CC this conversation to my main email firstname.lastname@example.org
2016-06-12 16:49 GMT+03:00 JotForm :
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 14, 2016 at 11:34 AM
May we know which field this is you're referring to? Also, would there be any case that this certain field you're referring to was modified or replaced with a new one?
We'll be looking forward to your response.
- slonigirafAnswered on June 15, 2016 at 09:46 AMThe very first field of the form - see the attachment
2016-06-14 18:33 GMT+03:00 JotForm :
- JotForm SupportBDAVIDAnswered on June 15, 2016 at 11:35 AM
The image did not attached, here is how to share a screenshot: https://www.jotform.com/answers/277033-How-to-add-screenshots-images-to-questions-to-the-support-forum
Do you mean this field?
"Сумма (без комиссии банка, без точек, запятых, пробелов)"
That is the first field in your form, and it looks like it was recently added, since none of the other submissions has data on it.
- slonigirafAnswered on June 16, 2016 at 04:45 AMYes. I mean this field
2016-06-15 18:33 GMT+03:00 JotForm :
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on June 16, 2016 at 06:42 AM
Thank you for confirming I think the issue is related to showing that field with conditions. Due to hiding that field with conditions, If you disable the condition below you'will able to see the submission data.
Here is how it works on my side:
We would appreciate it if you could also test it on your side and let us know the result. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- slonigirafAnswered on June 16, 2016 at 08:45 AMThis form is displayed two times:
1st - to client - we don't show this field. At the end of the form he
- JotForm SupportliyamAnswered on June 16, 2016 at 10:35 AM
It seems that you accidentally submitted your response prematurely causing it to be cut off. Please follow this link and reply here instead: https://www.jotform.com/answers/858889
Anyhow, regarding the missing fields, since this part of the field is hiding on conditions, I see the possibility to its data loss is due to the setting of your form that clears the data on submit when the field are hidden. To modify this:
1. Edit your form and click Preferences
2. Click Advanced > Show More
3. On Clear Hidden Field Values, select Don't Clear.
Note: You can also select Clear on Being Hidden, as this function only clears upon the action of hiding. An already hidden field is not affected.
But on edit, when this field will still do a show/hide, just select Don't clear instead to be safe.
If you have questions, please do let us know.
- slonigirafAnswered on June 17, 2016 at 02:44 AMGreat! Looks like what I need.
2016-06-16 17:33 GMT+03:00 JotForm :
- JotForm UI DeveloperberilAnswered on June 17, 2016 at 03:20 AM
On behalf of all my colleagues involved, you're most welcome. We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved for you. If you have any question or issues, please do not hesitate contacting us. We will be glad to assist you.