- digofficeAsked on July 13, 2016 at 09:51 AM
I need to include 2 payment fields in the same form but both payment fields using Credit/PayPal Pro. Basically the ability for a user to select a product or make a contribution.
1. The first option option would be using the "Sell Products" option with a listing of possible productions to select from (basically Brochure Ads sizes with different pricing for each)
2. The second option would be for a Charitable donation where the donation is up to the discretion of the person completing the form.
I need to capture information about the person donating, Example, Name, Address, City, State, Zip and email as well and include that in the submission.
The form currently has conditions built in for a person to select an Ad or Donation, which then hides or shows the appropriate sections.
We originally had 1 form with one payment method, but we could not collect donations.
I tried to create a new form specifically for the donations, added only the payment field for PayPal pro to the new donation form, and tried to embed the donation form through an iframe widget on my original form but its not submitting to paypal. When i tried to submit, the submit captured my original fields from the parent form (where i have the submit button), but did not include anything from my embedded form or direct me to PayPal.
The original form still has the payment fields for the Brochure Ad products. I did not create a new form to embed in an Iframe widget for this. I'm just using conditional formatting to hide and show
I'm not sure how the submit buttons should be configured for the payment methods either
Please advise on the best approach to handling multiple payment methods and how to go about collecting payment information and submitter information.
- JotForm SupportJim_RAnswered on July 13, 2016 at 10:29 AM
Hi, thanks for that detailed explanation on what you're trying to achieve. You're actually on the right track on setting up multiple payment processors on a single form. I noticed you had another post yesterday https://www.jotform.com/answers/880610 regarding the same and my colleague suggested this page https://www.jotform.com/help/182-How-to-Create-a-Basic-Multiple-Payment-form as a workaround.
To give you a general idea, I'll summarize that guide in an easier to follow workflow, but I still highly recommend you go to the page above:
1. You need to create 3 forms:
a. Main Form (will contain both payment processors)
b. 1st form (product listing)
c. 2nd form (donation)
2. Create your 1st form
3. Create your 2nd form
4. Create your main form, this is where you will setup conditional logic to show/hide the form you want to be displayed. You will use the iframe embed option to place your 2 forms within the main form.
5. This is how it would look like http://www.jotformpro.com/form/41363533068958 (in this example form, the 1st one is with Paypal and the other is a Purchase Order).
Feel free to clone that demo form [GUIDE: How-to-clone-an-existing-form-from-a-URL] so you can see how it was setup.
Hope that helped! Don't hesitate to get back to us if you need further assistance.