- mcota4421Asked on August 19, 2016 at 10:18 AM
I am having trouble adding a background to one of my forms and I don't want to create a new form because we have started marketing. It was there before and now its gone.
Is there a support # to call?
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on August 19, 2016 at 12:26 PM
I cloned your form and I was able to replicate the issue. Please try this solution:
1. Click the "Preferences" button in the toolbar.
2. Go to the "Form Styles" tab. Under the "Properties" tab, please scroll down and then change the "Background" to Transparent. Here's a screen capture:
3. Save the changes when you're done.
Hope that helps. Thank you.
- mcota4421Answered on August 19, 2016 at 03:45 PMNeed it to look like this:
Deep Dive Ref, LLC
| email@example.com | www.deepdiveref.com
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on August 19, 2016 at 04:58 PM
Unfortunately, it is not possible to attach screenshots to email responses at this time so it did not show up on our end. If you wouldn't mind attaching the screenshot directly to your forum post, we will be happy to have a look:
In any case, if you want your current image applied as the full background and a white background where your text and such is, you can add this code to your form:
background : url('https://www.jotform.com/uploads/mcota4421/form_files/NBA_Basketball.jpg')
no-repeat top left;
-webkit-background-size : cover;
-moz-background-size : cover;
-o-background-size : cover;
background-size : cover;
background : white !important;
Here is how the form would look with the code added: