- JotToniAsked on August 29, 2016 at 12:17 PM
Hi, we would like to know if there is a way to add a field to a form that when selected will tell us to whom to forward the form?
For example, if we add a field that says, email to send form, there is a dropdown with a 1-10 email addresses, when I select firstname.lastname@example.org the form goes to that email address?
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on August 29, 2016 at 02:01 PM
Yes. It is possible to send an email based on the selection of dropdown by assigning the email addresses as calculation values and use a condition to read the select email address to a text field. Please follow the steps below:
1. Assign the email addresses to the dropdown field from Surveying tab
2. Now add a new textbox field to the form
3. Setup a condition to read the calculation value to the newly added textbox field when the dropdown field is filled.
4. Add an autoresponder to the form and select the newly added textbox field as the recipient email address.
5. Save your JotForm and test it.
Here is the demo form for you. You may clone it to your account to see how it works.
Hope this information helps!