- IbrahimWayzAsked on September 15, 2016 at 01:36 PM
I'm facing an issue while creating a quantity field.
I want to sale caps but their prices are based on quantity. such as
1-5 = $10 per cap
5-15 = $8 per cap
15-30 = $6 per cap
30-50 = $4 per cap and so on.
so how do i try to make this happen?
i tried the custom quantity where user enters the quantity they want but the problem is that it does not has the option to calculate price accordingly.
i enable special pricing, but two problems it has to be
- A drop down
- You've to enter prices for each and every detail as it does not calculate it on its own.
- JotForm SupportJanAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 04:16 PM
This is possible in the payment tool. You just need to create a product for each category. Please check this demo form: https://www.jotformpro.com/form/62585785033968. You can clone it if you like.
In the payment wizard products section, you can add a quantity option for each category. You don't need to use the custom quantity or special pricing. Please check this screen capture:
Here's the result:
Related guide: How-to-Add-Options-to-Payment-Forms
If you have any questions, let us know. Thank you.
- IbrahimWayzAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 06:49 PM
Thanks a lot for the reply.
Is there anyway for it, such as for it to happen in custom entry.
like for customer to enter, say it they put in 8 caps as in quantity, the program automatically charges $8, if they put in 21, they're charged $6 per cap as in a field black, not in a drop down?
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 09:58 PM
Yes you can assign custom quantity instead of the preset dropdown list.
In the Show Quantity option select Textbox instead of Dropdown.
Here is a test form https://www.jotformpro.com/form/62588064369973
Let us know if you need further assistance.
- IbrahimWayzAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Hey thanks alot guys for the fast response.
can i set a limit on the text box? so that one can't put more than the needed numbers in it? such as 1-5, a person won't be able to put 7 or 8 or 20 in a text box that says 2-5?
thanks a lot guys mucappreciate it.
- JotForm SupportjonathanAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 10:22 PM
Unfortunately that option is not available for the Custom Quantity input box of the payment tool. There is no upper/lower limit property that can determine the range of the number inputted.
The Dropdown option do have that range. But its not a custom quantity input anymore.
An alternative design is to use special pricing instead
- JotForm SupportKiranAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 11:36 PM
Please see the screencast below that can help you with changing the Custom quantity option to switch between Textbox and dropdown.
Hope this information helps!
- IbrahimWayzAnswered on September 15, 2016 at 11:45 PM
I don't have those options, are these premium features or something?
I'm using the basic paypal account.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 16, 2016 at 12:08 AM
I would like to inform you that the options seen in my colleague's screencast are not premium features. This is simply the new design for the paypal wizard that we are slowly rolling out to all our users. You should be able to get this design soon, but in the meantime, please follow the steps below to switch from dropdown to textbox.
1. Go to the Payment Wizard's Products section and select the product you want to modify.
2. Click the X button on the Quantity to remove the dropdown option.
3. Then click the "Add New Option" for the product and select Add Quantity Property. Make sure to check the Custom Quantity checkbox. Hit next to finish the setup and then save.
4. Follow steps 1 to 3 for the rest of the products and you should now have textbox quantity.
If you need further assistance, please let us know.
- IbrahimWayzAnswered on September 16, 2016 at 09:03 AM
Thanks a lot everyone.
I'll try these now and let you guys know if i encounter any problems.