- eagaAsked on September 26, 2016 at 04:13 PM
Hello. For my form called:
Judging Form - Most Inspiring - Sculptured Cake Artist
How to i calculate the total for each category into one column on the far right.
I want to calculate the total score given for each person.
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on September 26, 2016 at 06:46 PM
If you would like for your options to have values, you can assign them calculation values:
Those values or any other numerical values in the form, can be totaled up in a calculation field:
- eagaAnswered on September 26, 2016 at 07:46 PMBut I don't understand what it is saying.
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 26, 2016 at 11:28 PM
It looks like you are using a Matrix field for your "Judging Form - Most Inspiring - Sculptured Cake Artist" form. If I understand correctly, you want to calculate the total for each row in the matrix into a new column?
You will need to use a Form Calculation widget for each of the rows that you want to calculate. To do so, please follow this guide: How to Perform Form Calculation in the Matrix Field?
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
- eagaAnswered on September 27, 2016 at 10:46 AMThank you for the information but how to I put the total into a new column next to the last column?
- JotForm SupportChriistianAnswered on September 27, 2016 at 12:15 PM
If you want the add a new column on your Matrix field that computes the total for each row, unfortunately, Matrix Field is not capable of doing calculations per row. As a workaround, you can try to use the Spreadsheet widget instead of using the Matrix field.
You can check this demo form so you can see how the Spreadsheet widget works: https://form.jotform.com/61441655557965.