- dswickAsked on October 27, 2016 at 05:29 PM
I want to use the forms to collect patient data on tablets. When submitted i would like my EHR system to pull them from a network folder, sharepoint library or just have them go to a printer. Do not want the staff to have login to JotForm and pull them down that way.
- JotForm SupportMikeAnswered on October 27, 2016 at 09:35 PM
If your printer support 'email to print' kind of functionality you might consider adding an email notification to the form with your printer's email.
The form submissions can also be automatically forwarded to your FTP in PDF format.
I hope this is something that might work in your case.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
- dswickAnswered on November 02, 2016 at 11:15 AM
I am interested in the FTP option. However when i try to enable it the config seems to only want to FTP attached files. I want the form to be FTP'd to my server.
Am i missing something?
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 02, 2016 at 02:27 PM
FTP should forward the submission data in PDF format, in addition to file uploads.
- dswickAnswered on November 02, 2016 at 02:30 PM
However i do not want the user to upload a file and i want the form they fill out to be a PDF - just like the printed version to be sent via FTP. So how do i do that since the FTP setting is greyed out unless you place a file upload container on the page
Thanks again for your help
- JotForm SupportdavidAnswered on November 02, 2016 at 03:51 PM
Because the FTP submission only allows the form when it has a file upload field. Here's what I did.
1. Add a "File Upload" field so that we can enable the FTP submission option. I hid mine because I don't really need to collect any uploads from the user.
2. Navigate to "My Forms"->Choose form->Click Submissions.
3. Click the gear icon for the settings. Enable the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" and "Send Uploads To FTP".
4. You can then just follow on how to setup the FTP server settings in this tutorial: http://www.jotform.com/help/177-How-to-Enable-FTP-on-Form-Submissions
5. You will then see in your FTP server that the submission is in .pdf file.