JotForm is a free online form builder which helps you create online forms without writing a single line of code. No sign-up required.
We believe that if one user has a question, there could be more users who may have the same question. This is why many of our support forum threads are public and available to be searched and viewed. If you’d like help immediately, feel free to search for a similar question, or submit your question or concern.
How can I submit the form automatically to a printer or have it saved to network driveAsked by dswick on October 27, 2016 at 05:29 PM
I want to use the forms to collect patient data on tablets. When submitted i would like my EHR system to pull them from a network folder, sharepoint library or just have them go to a printer. Do not want the staff to have login to JotForm and pull them down that way.
If your printer support 'email to print' kind of functionality you might consider adding an email notification to the form with your printer's email.
The form submissions can also be automatically forwarded to your FTP in PDF format.
I hope this is something that might work in your case.
If you need any further assistance, please let us know.
I am interested in the FTP option. However when i try to enable it the config seems to only want to FTP attached files. I want the form to be FTP'd to my server.
Am i missing something?
FTP should forward the submission data in PDF format, in addition to file uploads.
However i do not want the user to upload a file and i want the form they fill out to be a PDF - just like the printed version to be sent via FTP. So how do i do that since the FTP setting is greyed out unless you place a file upload container on the page
Thanks again for your help
Because the FTP submission only allows the form when it has a file upload field. Here's what I did.
1. Add a "File Upload" field so that we can enable the FTP submission option. I hid mine because I don't really need to collect any uploads from the user.
2. Navigate to "My Forms"->Choose form->Click Submissions.
3. Click the gear icon for the settings. Enable the "Auto Hide Empty Fields" and "Send Uploads To FTP".
4. You can then just follow on how to setup the FTP server settings in this tutorial: http://www.jotform.com/help/177-How-to-Enable-FTP-on-Form-Submissions
5. You will then see in your FTP server that the submission is in .pdf file.