Browse Article by Topicsrecurring payment recurring donation paypal Trial Period recurring paypal
- PayPal Forms
- How to Set up Paypal Along with Other Payment Options
- How to Update the Multiple Payment Form
- Setting Up Your First Order Form
- How to Setup a Recurring Payment Option
- Difference Between PayPal & PayPal Pro
- How to Strip Payment Labels and Separate Payment Info on Email Alerts
- How to Pass a Form's Calculated Value to another Form's Payment Total Field?
- Paypal Incomplete Payments FAQ
- How to Setup Incomplete Payment Notification E-Mail
Related Forum Questions
- How do I edit paypal account info on form?
- How I can change paypal account for my account subscription?
- Please refund last subscription payment.
- Older Paypal Subscription is trying to charge me after switching to new one
- Why did Jotform take $90 from my PayPal Account?
- Phone support about payments with PayPal
- Show Paypal payment field when it's selected as a payment method in the form
- Paypal payment for membership
- Why the refund is not reflecting my PayPal account?
- Will I be charged a fee from PayPal for using payment forms?
How to Setup a Recurring Payment OptionLast Update: November 24, 2016
Let's say your magazine site sells subscriptions, and you want to allow users to make payments periodically , but you don't want to bother them to come back to your site and fill out the form each month. Or let's assume you run a charity site, and you need recurring payments from donators.
For example, on a Charity site scenario, you can set up a recurring donation into your form using any of the Payment tools, (except ClickBank and OneBip).
Please follow the following steps:
1. Select and drag the desired Payment Gateway (ie : Paypal) into our form builder. This will open up the payment tool wizard.
2. Under Payment Type Options section, select Sell Subscriptions option. You'll be prompted with a warning message. Just go ahead and click the Continue button to process.
3. Click Create New Subscription button...
...and configure the following options:
a. Subscription name. You can always customize the label. You can choose whatever you need. Let's say, Monthly Donations.
b. Price: The amount of the subscription item. Decimal is allowed.
c. Subscription Period. The scheduled basis to when the recurring payment will happen. You are allowed to set it to daily, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, semi-yearly, yearly and bi-yearly.
d. Number of payments. Set this if you want to stop charging customers after a certain timeframe. Let's say, you charge your customer five (5) times and automatically stop it on the six (6th) time, select five (5) from the dropdown selections. You have the option to allow user to select the number of payments, select "User-selected" to do so.
e. Image. If you want to show an image for the subscription item.
f. Variable Price. Make the price changeable via user input or referencing a form calculation widget.
Note that when this option is enabled, the First Payment and Trial Period options are automatically disabled.
Here's a sample form using the Variable Price with a form calculation widget: https://form.jotform.com/60354573632960. Noticed that "Subscription # 2 (Variable Price)" changes depending on the selection on the drop down fields.
g. First Payment. If you want to charge your customer a bigger amount from the original for their first payment. Usually, this applies for setup fees. The amount should not be less than the original price.
h. Trial Period. If you want to set a trial period for your customers. Trial period options are: One day, three days, five days, one week, two weeks, 10 days, 15 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, six months and one year.
i. Selected by Default. If you have multiple options and would like to select an item as the default selected subscription, just swipe this option to enable.
For questions, please post it below!